10-42 d addarios

Changing to

10-52 skinny top heavy bottom slinkies

Truss rod adjustment needed?
Doubtful. At most, very slight action adjustment at the saddles, and check intonation.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
No. You'll be fine.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
What about me? My strings have been gradually getting closer to the fretboard, causing the strings to buzz. I tried raising the action, but that didn't eliminate the buzz (I raised it as high as I could stand). The thing is, I got the guitar a few months ago, and it seems this process of the strings getting closer to the fretboard is gradual. Would a truss rod adjustment fix it? I actually adjusted the truss rod about 1-2 months ago, and the strings proceeded to lower themselves further. Maybe it's just getting "broken in"?

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
Quote by Black_Fender
What about me? My strings have been gradually getting closer to the fretboard, causing the strings to buzz. I tried raising the action, but that didn't eliminate the buzz (I raised it as high as I could stand). The thing is, I got the guitar a few months ago, and it seems this process of the strings getting closer to the fretboard is gradual. Would a truss rod adjustment fix it? I actually adjusted the truss rod about 1-2 months ago, and the strings proceeded to lower themselves further. Maybe it's just getting "broken in"?

Here's a website for some information.

http://www.athensmusician.net/archive/2001-05-01_geneimbody1.shtml

Check the relief of the neck again, and if needed, make your truss-rod adjustments. Once you've made your adjustments, make a mark on the truss rod somewhere so that you can come back to it and see if the truss-rod has moved a little. If you go back to it after a few weeks, and noticed that the neck is still moving, check the mark and see if the rod has moved on it's own.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
Here's a website for some information.

http://www.athensmusician.net/archive/2001-05-01_geneimbody1.shtml

Check the relief of the neck again, and if needed, make your truss-rod adjustments. Once you've made your adjustments, make a mark on the truss rod somewhere so that you can come back to it and see if the truss-rod has moved a little. If you go back to it after a few weeks, and noticed that the neck is still moving, check the mark and see if the rod has moved on it's own.

Thanks.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.