Just a quick question, I am a 'cheap drunk' meaning I get drunk fairly easily (i have a low tolerance) and I would like to keep it this way.

Is there any way of keeping your tolerance lower? Like do certain types of drinks with different amounts of alchohol concentration raise your tolerance, (ie, vodka, beer etc.)

Or is it just the more of any you drink the higher your tolerance gets?

Thanks.
and i sit and wonder, falling under .
High tolerance comes from higher frequency of drinking; drinking more often and drinking more more often.

I'd do anything to lower my tolerance, it would make nights out much cheaper!
If you stick to hard liquor, where it might take a handful of shots to get you drunk, and you drink infrequently, then it will usually take the same amount to get you drunk.

I drink beer regularly, and thus, unless I start pounding them as fast as possible, it takes about 8+ beers to get a good buzz and drunk, but if I mix beer with some brandy or wine I'm in for a heckuva drunk. (by mix I mean if I drink them both in one night, not literally mix them together and drink it)

Just don't drink constantly and your tolerance won't increase. That's what causes it to go up, drinking more frequently in which case your body adapts and you have to drink more to get the same feeling. Works the same with just about any drug.
Ok cool , what would you call as frequently? I drink at the most once a week. So i'll drink once or twice every 2 weeks or so.

And i drink hard stuff, usually vodka.

Does this mean i should be good to go?
I'm such a cheap drunk. My tolerance has gone up a tiny bit but for some reason it's never really gone up that much.

****ing awesome.
I am the Infantry.
Your health and level of fitness, how long before going out you eat dinner, your drink of choice all make a big difference.
Quote by xCobainx
Ok cool , what would you call as frequently? I drink at the most once a week. So i'll drink once or twice every 2 weeks or so.

And i drink hard stuff, usually vodka.

Does this mean i should be good to go?

Once a week is pretty infrequent, based on most of the people I know, but we're in college so the atmosphere pressures them to drink more. Regardless...as long as you're not downing half the bottle of vodka every time you get drunk I think you should be all right.

My tolerance has gone up a bit, so if I'm in a quick fix for a drunk I get a Mickeys and some cheap wine. That leaves me at about $7 and I get a solid drunk.
Um , I usually down a pint , so .. yeah.

After that im pretty wasted.
The only times I've been completely loaded is on Vodka. And yeah, I have pretty low tolerance (Not suprisingly, I am asian :P), you could get me drunk on 5-8 shots of Smirnoff's. Last time I had a some vodka, I puked around 6 times.

Then when I left, the girl I liked and JUST made out with went on to do a wee bit of coke, took laced ecstasy, and then drove. Same with this other good friend of mine, except without the coke and the driving. He had a bunch of seizures for about 3 days. I'm just glad they're alive and have their livers (The girl's in this little rehab thing now, btw).

But yeah, back to topic, I have real low alcohol tolerance.
Last year I went out drinking 1-3 times a week, tolerance built up. This yearI hardly drink at all and I get drunk much quicker.
Quote by I am Samuel
I'd do anything to lower my tolerance, it would make nights out much cheaper!

Have you tried laying off the booze for a while? One would think that would be the first thing to try.
Man you guys are lightweights lol, I usually down 3/4 to a full bottle of smirnoff when i drink.
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)
  • Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony w/ gold hardware)
  • Mesa Triple Rectifier Head
  • Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Traditional Cab
  • Too many pedals to list...

Quote by PPPussycatt
high gravity is where its at. cheap and 8% ...1=about 4 normal beers

uhhh....you fail many times over. its 8% and the avg beer is 4% hence the same amount of liquor is equal to 2beers.
Ibanez RG350ex
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Fixed "lol".
Oh your a jerk lol
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)

Quote by bono_b
uhhh....you fail many times over. its 8% and the avg beer is 4% hence the same amount of liquor is equal to 2beers.

Yeah and in Canada it's mostly 5.5% so that's not even equal to two beers. 4 was a good guess though, not bad.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
Quote by PPPussycatt
high gravity is where its at. cheap and 8% ...1=about 4 normal beers

Light beer in the US is something like 3.8%, Ice beer is 5.9%, regular beer is somewhere in the 4 points.

EDIT: i usually drink twice on the weekends and pretty heavily at that. i usually start to get drunk after a 12 pack but usually dont quit til about 18-20
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
Quote by smb
Your health and level of fitness, how long before going out you eat dinner, your drink of choice all make a big difference.

...So the fitter you are = lower tolerance?
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
I really don't know why this is. I drank half a "forty" of whiskey. I got buzzed, not even drunk. When I drink beer, I get drunk off of 7 beer.
I also only have one kidney
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
ive never heard of a fourty of whiskey
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)

Quote by guitarisrockin
ive never heard of a fourty of whiskey

40 oz., Come to Canada
I believe its called "Wisers"
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by holy smoke
the forty means the bottle can hold forty ounces.

yea no **** genius...
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)

I can drink ten pints of guiness or 1 and a half bottles of white wine and I'm the same amount of drunk (almost not walking srtraight).
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Simple answer: eat something while drinking your beer or drink water and beer. You dont get drunk as quick if im right.
Quote by acoginthesystem
If you stick to hard liquor, where it might take a handful of shots to get you drunk, and you drink infrequently, then it will usually take the same amount to get you drunk.

I drink beer regularly, and thus, unless I start pounding them as fast as possible, it takes about 8+ beers to get a good buzz and drunk, but if I mix beer with some brandy or wine I'm in for a heckuva drunk. (by mix I mean if I drink them both in one night, not literally mix them together and drink it)

Just don't drink constantly and your tolerance won't increase. That's what causes it to go up, drinking more frequently in which case your body adapts and you have to drink more to get the same feeling. Works the same with just about any drug.

im in the same boat as this guy. not healthy but i love pabst blue ribbon and its only 30 cents a can here so....
and to answer your question if you get hammered out of your mind every weekend and dont drink at all during the week you probably wont have a tolerance increase its more like every day drinking that does this.
Quote by McLovin-
I really don't know why this is. I drank half a "forty" of whiskey. I got buzzed, not even drunk. When I drink beer, I get drunk off of 7 beer.
I also only have one kidney

You did not drink 20 ounces of whiskey and not get drunk.
I wish my tolerance was low

When I want to actually get drunk I usually drink around a 12 pack and a fifth of Jager. I can drink a twelver of beer with no problem.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I think a way of being really intolerant of booze is become really skinny - there's less blood for the alcohol to intoxicate - and drink less often, so you don't get used to it. But otherwise your tolerance of it will just get stronger which is better. I get drunk quite easily, but once drunk I'm able to stay sane, conscious and I don't throw up. Throwing up from drinking is the highest count of fail in the know world.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I was mashed on 5 pints last night, and I think it was due to not sleeping, eating very little for a week, and high amounts of (exam induced) stress. Usually it takes at least 6
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by xCobainx
Just a quick question, I am a 'cheap drunk' meaning I get drunk fairly easily (i have a low tolerance) and I would like to keep it this way.

Is there any way of keeping your tolerance lower? Like do certain types of drinks with different amounts of alchohol concentration raise your tolerance, (ie, vodka, beer etc.)

Or is it just the more of any you drink the higher your tolerance gets?

Thanks.

Heres some tips, eat a dinner and drink a pint of milk before you go out.

Stick to one type of drink, and avoid spirits at all costs.

Drink plenty of water.

Eat before you go home/while your out.

Basically, each persons tolerence is different and yes over the years you will be able to control it more. But really stick to those tips and it'll take quite alot of lager to knock you out.
Quote by JoshCrawford

Drink plenty of water.

Basically, each persons tolerence is different and yes over the years you will be able to control it more. But really stick to those tips and it'll take quite alot of lager to knock you out.

He wants to stick to being a cheap drunk.

There are so many light weights here, it's ridiculous
Quote by JoshCrawford

Drink plenty of water.

hes trying to stay a cheep drunk not train for beerfest broseph
Quote by Craigo
He wants to stick to being a cheap drunk.

There are so many light weights here, it's ridiculous

Wtf why? Theres nothing better than a hard weeks work than to blow £50 on a load of drink.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Fixed "lol".

im guessing 100s of others were just about to fix that as well!
My tolerance has also been low my whole life.

Probably just because I don't care to improve it by drinking more than twice a week (and by drinking, I don't even mean getting drunk, I mean even just a single glass of wine at the restaurant where I work)
Just don't drink too often, and your tolerance will stay low. If you go out getting pissed 4 or 5 days a week, your tolerance will rocket.
...Bleep Bloop...