my amp doesnt have reverb...and i would like some...reverb basically recreates the acoustics of a large place...and acoustics is echo...so my question is, would a slight echo (from a delay pedal) recreate a reverb effect?...or something similar
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
reverb and delay can create similar a very similar sounding effect.

go to a guitar store and try a digital reverb pedal, and an echo pedal and decide wich effect you prefer

to answer your question, yes they are very similar effects.
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
thank you sir...does everyone else agree?

EDIT: the reason im asking is because i came across the Visual Sound h2O...and well i wanted a chorus as well so why not...but is the V1 H2O...how is it?
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Last edited by Otsugua713 at Apr 22, 2008,
Pretty similiar.
with most reverb you can make it very spacey sounding unlike alot of delays..
The main difference (if you set them right) is the reverb makes it sound more far away while with delay it'll be in your face like without reverb.. so if you use delay or echo right it's like a reverb in your face kind of thing.
I have a normal delay/ echo pedal and can give it a nice echo-y sound.. so I prefer it over reverb.
reverb in your face kinda thing?....i like how that sound...thank you!....anyone has any opinions in using the Visual Sound H2O V1 for this reason(especially) but for other delay purposes (if i feel like it)?
Not sure about the Visual Sound thing.. if there's a guitar shop or music store try it out if they have it..
but yeah.. delay/ echo I like more then reverb because you can also use it for it's main purpose.. heh - delay.
just good to have.. never know when you'll need or want it.

but reverb is still nice
thaaank you sir...anyone has any thoughts on the Visual Sound H2O?
i havent had a chance to try the H2O really (stupid GC never has it working), but i do know that with a nice analog style delay you can get a reverby sound. if you set the delay time to very short and have a couple repeats with diminishing volume it adds some nice depth. not exactly like a reverb sound, but it is very nice. i think that with a short echo and a chorus you could achieve some very nice reverbish sounds, or at least add some nice depth that will have a similar effect on your sound. so yeah, the H2O seems like it could be good for what you want. but since ive got no real experience with the pedal itself, i dont know how well it fulfulls those functions.
thank you jof...i will give it a try...and youre always answering my questions when for some reason no one else does...thaaaanks