So, my birthday is coming up soon and the parents have decided to get me an amp. I mainly play bluesy/psychedelic/hendrix-y type things on a really old strat (I believe from the early '70s), so I was wondering which amps I should keep an eye out for.

I can spend anywhere from $400 to $600 (American) and I'm looking more in the low-to-mid gain range. Obviously, I want it to be an all-tube amp. Master volume and 3-band EQ (treble/mid/bass) are pretty much necessary (though almost standard). Other things like reverb, an effects loop, and two channels (one higher gain, one lower) would be nice too, but not required.

I've been looking at the Fender Blues Junior, which a friend of mine owns, and I like it quite a bit. But, I don't wanna jump in and pick anything without careful consideration, since this amp will probably be able to last me for quite some time.

What other amps would fit these descriptions? Also, I hear that Peavey makes some nice tube amps in this price range. How does the Classic 30 stack up against the Fender Blues Junior?

Also, just in case it matters, I use several pedals as well, including a Fulltone Clyde Wah, a BYOC Fuzzface Clone, Boss DS-1, Digitech Bad Monkey, and Boss DD-6 delay. Please take into account any issues that those pedals might bring about with any possible amps in this range.

Thanks for any input.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
Try out a peavey classic when you can. That one might feed the need.
Either a fender blues deluxe thing like that or you could use an AC15. the classic 30 is pretty nice to but I would strongly recommend the traynor combos. Havn't tried them on a strat but they sound awsome with a LP.

It says in your sig that you have a silverface, whats wrong with that amp.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Peavy Valve King 112 or 212 will be good to consider

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by hendrix4934
It says in your sig that you have a silverface, whats wrong with that amp.

Honestly, nothing is wrong with it, but it's only 6 watts For overdriven, heavy blues-type stuff it rules, but I can't get any clean sounds out of it, which has been getting on my nerves a bit. Plus, whenever I jam with my friends, I can barely even hear what I'm playing with that amp. It's sweet for bedroom practice by myself, but when it comes to playing with other instruments around it lacks power.

Then again, it does have a tremolo on it, which leads to some freakin amazing psych stuff.
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
maybe a handsome devil combo would be good for you. blackhearts are very raw sounding, i love em.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
why doesn't anyone visit the which amp thread????

that being said, Try out the Fender blues deluxe..or maybe the hot rod deluxe, it has great cleans and an ok overdrive that's good for modern rock like pearl jam, but it can still do some blusier stuff or rock and the classic 30 is great for rock and blues stuff

...but seriously, the which amp thread has a lot of experienced people that can help you a lot.
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by seedmole
Honestly, nothing is wrong with it, but it's only 6 watts For overdriven, heavy blues-type stuff it rules, but I can't get any clean sounds out of it, which has been getting on my nerves a bit. Plus, whenever I jam with my friends, I can barely even hear what I'm playing with that amp. It's sweet for bedroom practice by myself, but when it comes to playing with other instruments around it lacks power.

Then again, it does have a tremolo on it, which leads to some freakin amazing psych stuff.

Oh, I thought that you had like the 50 watt silverface. Could you post some sound clips of the overdriven sounds.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by hendrix4934
Oh, I thought that you had like the 50 watt silverface. Could you post some sound clips of the overdriven sounds.

Haha, I wish it were a 50-watter...

I would post some clips, but my strat is in the shop and the tele I've been using goes out of tune way too easily.

I WANT MY STRAT BACK
Persoanlly I would Check into the Classic 30, they are great amps, I have one (head version) pushing a 412 cab and just love the thing. Its really great for every thing under the sun, except metal. I run it pretty much flat out and can get a real nice hard rock tone out of it Especially when I boost it with my tube screamer. Its really great for every thing less than that as well, all I do is roll the volume knob down to the desired dist. and go from there. Also a fender amp might be for you, but keep in mind with a hot rod, you will probaly want some type of dist. or OD pedal becasue fenders OD sucks big time IMO. Personally I like the C30 better becase the cleans are almost as good as the fenders and the OD just kills it, and kills it is an understatment.