I've read on here that it's pretty much impossible to put EMG actives in a Ibanez S because the guitar is so thin and its hard to get the battery in the body.

But I've seen people with EMG 81's and 85's in an S, So I guess that it is possible.

Because I want to buy an Ibanez S520ex and I want to put two EMG 85's in it, But I don't wanna buy it if I can't put the pickups in it.
Im sure its possible, if you couldnt fit the battery you COULD just do a small bit of routing to cram it in.

Why two 85's aswell, they probably wont sound as good as an 85/81 would.
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
I've read on here that it's pretty much impossible to put EMG actives in a Ibanez S because the guitar is so thin and its hard to get the battery in the body.

But I've seen people with EMG 81's and 85's in an S, So I guess that it is possible.

Because I want to buy an Ibanez S520ex and I want to put two EMG 85's in it, But I don't wanna buy it if I can't put the pickups in it.

It's absolutely possible; there was a guy on the forums here who had an older S series with EMGs in it until he sold it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Dark_Merlin
Im sure its possible, if you couldnt fit the battery you COULD just do a small bit of routing to cram it in.

Why two 85's aswell, they probably wont sound as good as an 85/81 would.

Thanks man.

And I like how an 85 sounds in the bridge, Sounds a lot fatter and bassier then the 81.
Quote by MPM12
I hate the S series with its sharp edges

Don't you mean the RG series? The S series guitars have rounded edges

It's easy to put the pickups in. However, the control cavity is tighter than a twelve year old, so you won't accurately fit the battery in it and keep the cover flush at the same time. Mine was powered externally.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
it's surely possible. Look at Buz and Ken from Unearth, both have 707's in it, and I've seen tons of picture on SS.org of guys that put dual 707's in theirs, it's quite the common mod.
Sure you can do it. With some routing the battery can be made to fit, or make our life easier and feed them with an inline powersupply, that way you don't need batteries.