dammit these pinch harmonics are frustrating!!!! anyone have any tips or link to a video that explanes well how to do them?
Quote by original_idiot
Jew Trouble

Quote by guitarmang93
Nah i love the feeling of poo coming out. Its like being reverse ass ****ed.

Quote by jemocam
Lets teach them the meaning of CROTCH VIOLENCE!!!

GO GNOME OR GO HOME!

Join My Group!

Free The Pear!

Band's Myspace
Lots of gain and volume is useful.

Humbuckers make it easier.

Pinch between the two humbuckers or over the middle singlecoil.
well look at the pic of my guitar in my profile whatcha think? will it be good for pinch harmonics?
Quote by original_idiot
Jew Trouble

Quote by guitarmang93
Nah i love the feeling of poo coming out. Its like being reverse ass ****ed.

Quote by jemocam
Lets teach them the meaning of CROTCH VIOLENCE!!!

GO GNOME OR GO HOME!

Join My Group!

Free The Pear!

Band's Myspace
The guitar's fine. Practice on the D and G strings. They're the easiest to get a good harmonic sound from. Also, move your right hand up and down the strings to find the "sweet spot" where the harmonics are loudest and sound the best. When you get a good sound around 80% of the time, start practicing on the other strings, but be aware that the lower strings will require you to use more of your thumb than the higher strings.

And use the bridge pickup.
These were really tricky at first for me, until I found out how it worked best for me. The way that Justin Sandercoe guy tells you how to do it didn't work for me. I hold the pick so my hold thumb covers it and I get the pinch harmonic to actually work...
If it's anything like my Ibanez, they're easy to get on the g-string at the 12th fret. Try it at about 1/4 of an inch behind your bridge pickup, move forward or backward as needed.

Remember: only let a couple of millimeters of the pick show through the side of your thumb and kinda scoop the pick in an inward motion; lightly brush the string with the side of your thumb.

Don't get discouraged though, pinch harmonics can take forever to learn, most people say that it eventually just "happens" through practice.
actually, i tried practicing this guys for a long time and it never came to me. eventually, i just nailed them one day.

its weird though, i can get pinches out of the higher strings than the lower ones..

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Quote by gebgebgeb
actually, i tried practicing this guys for a long time and it never came to me. eventually, i just nailed them one day.

its weird though, i can get pinches out of the higher strings than the lower ones..

The reason why you have to touch the string with your thumb is because when you do so, you stop that part of the string from vibrating, but the rest of the string still sounds. Resulting in a high pitched harmonic sound.

Now obviously, because the lower strings are thicker, it'll take more than a little fairy touch to stop the string vibrating, so you need to stick out your thumb a little more so that there's enough contact to stop that part of the string vibrating. But when you do so, don't follow through as you would with the higher strings. Try to stop the picking motion as soon as your thumb makes contact with the string, but don't leave your thumb on the string. (Sorry if I've confused you).

Just keep trying everyday and eventually you'll get it.
It was always hard for me to switch from normal picking to Pinch because I was holding the pick with too much showing. Make sure to practice playing with very little of the pick showing. Then you should be able to switch to pinching with ease.
I can pinch so easily now that I've made that tiny correction. Amazing what such a small tweak can do.
ESP: LTD EC-50
Crate GTD65 Amp
RP80 Modeling Guitar Processor

Jack White:
If you think holdin' hands is all in the fingers
Grab a hold of the soul where the memory lingers.