Well, my neck is warped. Severely warped.

About two months ago I stopped playing my electric after my high E string snapped. I just left it there and didn't care. Two days ago from today I came back and I started playing again (stockholm syndrome) and I got pretty far into the song. Now, since I was missing that high E string it was bothering me, so I went out to get some strings.

I bought "Roto Pinks," but that doesn't have anything to do with my neck. When I was replacing strings, I never really took precaution to the "change strings one at a time," because in the past I had done the change at one time and nothing happened at all, but today it was different. Once I put on my first E string it was HEAVILY sucked in/bound to the fretboard. It didn't even make sounds. It pissed me off.

So I looked on some topics and they suggested to change action, so I screwed off all the screws and took the neck off for a little, blew the dust and woodchips where the neck attaches, then put it back on, trying various places.

But after a while I found a comfortable spot strange things began to happen. My low E string's 12 fret IMMEDIATELY sounded like the 13th fret, and it happened for that string, and two more strings up. It's not good. Currently I have the action as low as possible, but I get fret buzz and notes don't come out clear, meaning they're a bit muffled. Frets 10-12 on my the G string all play the same note.

Is it time to throw away this guitar? It's a Schecter 006 Deluxe, and I think it's served me well but not enough. I really want to finish playing Stockholm Syndrome, and finish learning that song... so what can I do now?

Thanks for your time in reading this. Thanks in advance to all of those who give advice, too!
To quote Abraham Lincoln....NOW YOU ****ED UP!
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by gforce1377
look down the neck is it really bent down?

Where am I supposed to be looking from? :/ the top? I can't really tell from my point of view..
look at iy from the body straight down the neck like hold the guitar flat eye level and look down the fret board see which way the neck bends
Quote by gforce1377
look at iy from the body straight down the neck like hold the guitar flat eye level and look down the fret board see which way the neck bends

That's how it looks, it's kind of straight but there's that gap. The gap's bigger than it looks. If I put the neck all the way down then the strings get too close to the fretboard.
kind of looks bent backwards...would make sense with the issues you're having

you've ****ed around with he truss rod, now you need to tinker with it to make it play well again
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by guitarnoize
Take it to a guitar repair shop, don't mess with it any more than you already have you might end up damaging something that could be fixed with a simple truss rod adjustment

Not sure how much I should tinker with it.. and with the poster below..
I'm not sure how much I want to shell out. :/ These adjustments could be expensive, no?
loosen the truss rod a 1/4 turn at a time .take a picture from the front of the guitar down the neck
I'm assuming the truss rod is the part where the 4 screws are located.. that's what i'll do. Let me screw in all the screws first this picture is pretty much the lowest action i could get where sound would still come out.
Some advice for you, shop around and get quotes before you get a repair done, i ended up paying 200 dollars for a repair when i could've payed 60 dollars, no joke.
Quote by gforce1377
the truss rod is at the top of the headstock

You lost me after you said headstock... I really don't know. I'm pretty much a newbie. Do you mean where those 4 screws are? If you did, I think i'm gonna place it all the way back where it was before.. and then screw it 1/4 at a time? Each screw you mean?
the four screws on the back of the neck screw them in dont touch them ever again put them in a little tight , were the tuning pegs are up top there is a little black plate the truss rod is under that
Quote by gforce1377
the four screws on the back of the neck screw them in dont touch them ever again put them in a little tight , were the tuning pegs are up top there is a little black plate the truss rod is under that

Ohhh.. So where's the screws you want me to turn 1/4th?
you tightened the four screws right? now do you see the little screws on the plate that says oo6 deluxe under that is the truss rod but did you not use the guitar for a while and was it exposed to temperature changes at all
Quote by gforce1377
you tightened the four screws right? now do you see the little screws on the plate that says oo6 deluxe under that is the truss rod but did you not use the guitar for a while and was it exposed to temperature changes at all

I didn't use it for about two months.. and it was not exposed to those changes. I"ll tighten those screws right now.
Sure, I just want to be able to play again.. without my 12th fret sounding like the 13th fret.
the action needs to come up if its buzzing that much , honestly i know whats wrong with it and could fix it but since your new to this it may be worth it for you to find a repair shop or if you want i could try to talk you through it
I like how you know what you're talking about. Continue do you have any source of instant messaging? So we could get this underway.. I'm ready to try this first before shops.
i charge around 60 for that kind of job not sure were your from and how much things are but it sounds like the guitar needs a complete setup, truss rod adjustment, intonation