Poll: Would you kill a snapping turtle on earth day?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you kill a snapping turtle on earth day?
I'd kill it any day
119 19%
I wouldn't kill it any day
339 54%
I'd let it live because it's earth day
26 4%
I'd kill it because it's earth day
60 9%
I'd run away and scream like a girl
89 14%
Voters: 633.
Page 1 of 8
Today I was fishing at my grandpas pond with my lady. She hooked a large snapping turtle by the shell and dragged it into shore.

I then beat it to a bloody pulp with a shovel for 2 reasons:

1. It eats all the fish and we are trying to keep a good stock in the pond

2. They are known for biting off fingers (this thing was pretty vicious) and there are children that fish in the pond sometimes. I wouldn't want a kid to get his fingers turned into knubs because he wanted to pet the turtle.

Later I felt kind of bad, especially when I realized it was earth day. But ultimately I think I made the right decision.

What would you have done UG?
I would have left it alone asshole. Snapping turtles are part of the local ecosystems food chain. Now the population of fish in the pond is going to explode! and they'll eventually starve to death.

Yup.
What the ****...
You're gunna get flamed by animal right activists.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Move it somewhere else?
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
You didn't have to beat it to a bloody pulp. Christ, that's just overkill.

Just move it elsewhere ffs.
Wow, you're a dumb ass. I hope your ass gets beaten by someone donning a shovel.
Snapping turtles are very dangerous to have around ust about any life form. Our dogs used to fight them, one of my dogs got it's leg broken by getting it bit by the turtle.

We gave that turtle to my uncle. He turned it into soup.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Its not like the fish had YOUR name on them.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
well i suppose you did it with the right intentions

but the way you phrased it was just messed up
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Aw, that's just terrible. I actually had this opportunity once, to kill a snapping turtle wrecking havoc with a lake. Instead, let a friend of mine take some stocks of it. Came out great.
You should have just given him some bus fare and let him be on his way, no need to be a dick. Turtles are badass, if I were a turtle I would so eat children, not just some children, all children.... **** I hate children... I am going to go eat one right now... ****ing children... I would especially eat fat children... ****ing fat kids...
Quote by K_Parker
You should have just given him some bus fare and let him be on his way, no need to be a dick. Turtles are badass, if I were a turtle I would so eat children, not just some children, all children.... **** I hate children... I am going to go eat one right now... ****ing children... I would especially eat fat children... ****ing fat kids...

o_O
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by RocknRollRay
Its not like the fish had YOUR name on them.

I throw them back. I don't keep them
I wouldn't have killed it. Not saying you're an asshole though, I'm guessing those reasons are important to you. So, good job.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
well i think the fact that everyone here keeps missing is that it was just a turtle... email this to PETA lol
incubus rocks my world
If I ever meet you ill beat you to a bloody pulp thats sadistic
Why don't you just get some scuba gear and a harpoon? You could go in there and kill all the snapping turtles.

Seriously, dude, beating a tiny, helpless animal into a bloody pulp isn't going to solve either of the problems that you mentioned.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I've killed them before. Ive shot them in the head, and beheaded them with a machete.

I tried to behead this one but well.... the shovel wasn't sharp. So I just beat it. It's innards were hanging out and it was still trying to bite me.

I was just trying to protect the kids.
Quote by srv34
If I ever meet you ill beat you to a bloody pulp thats sadistic

Haha I'd love to see you try that.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Why don't you just get some scuba gear and a harpoon? You could go in there and kill all the snapping turtles.

Seriously, dude, beating a tiny, helpless animal into a bloody pulp isn't going to solve either of the problems that you mentioned.

Tiny???!!!!

This thing had to weigh 30lbs! Its head and neck was at least a foot long, I **** you not.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

snapping turtles are neither tiny nor helpless. not killing them could mean a chunk out of your leg.
I would've put it in a meat grinder instead and made turtle cheesecake out of it
Why couldn't you move it somewhere else? I assume you can get a TURTLE in a position where it cannot return to one lake.

And if you HAD to kill it, you could have killed it humanely. It's innards were hanging out and it was trying to bite you? Put it out of it's misery, hit it in the head!

I know a lot worse things happen in this world, but why add to it?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
That's pretty dumb-ass-ish of you.

1. NEVER MESS WITH A FKN TURTLE, THEY ARE AWESOME
2. you could have easily moved it or left it alone, because your reasons suck lol jk
3. You will regret this when turtles rule the Earth. You will be like Satan to them, except without the power to influence people's decisions.
4. At least eat it. Indians killed everything, but they used everything as well.
5. Just forget about the Earth Day thing. Only hippies celebrate it *grabs defensive weapon*
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by schecter_guy
snapping turtles are neither tiny nor helpless. not killing them could mean a chunk out of your leg.

Thank you...

Finally, someone who isn't an idiot.

I realize that most city folk think a turtle is a cute innocent animal but they are actually very dangerous.

When it bit my shovel repeatedly you could hear its sharp beak and teeth clanging the metal. Initially, I thought it had actually broken the shovel because it had bitten it so hard.
Quote by Vagabond21
Thank you...

Finally, someone who isn't an idiot.

I realize that most city folk think a turtle is a cute innocent animal but they are actually very dangerous.

When it bit my shovel repeatedly you could hear its sharp beak and teeth clanging the metal. Initially, I thought it had actually broken the shovel because it had bitten it so hard.

yeah dude, it's not cool to kill a little turtle, but snappers are ****ing vicious.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Why couldn't you move it somewhere else? I assume you can get a TURTLE in a position where it cannot return to one lake.

And if you HAD to kill it, you could have killed it humanely. It's innards were hanging out and it was trying to bite you? Put it out of it's misery, hit it in the head!

I know a lot worse things happen in this world, but why add to it?

OK first of all, Im not going to ride in the car with a ****ing snapping turtle loose.

second of all, I was hitting it in the head repeatedly and trying to chop it off to give it a quick death but it wouldnt die.

I have shot these thing IN THE HEAD before and they have lived. They are not easy to kill. This is why some live to be 60 years old
Quote by fretsonfire74
Should have made soup with it. That's just a waste of perfectly good turtle.

That reminds me of Gene Wilder as The Turtle in Alice in Wonderland, singing "Beautiful Soup"
Beauuuuuuuuuutifuuuul Soooooooooooooooooup.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Children > Turtles

you did it with good intentions, if you just killed it for teh lulz I'd be concerned

though I doubt I could kill it, I don't have it in me, except if it tried to bite me, then I'd destroy it, probably not beat it to a bloody pulp though
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.