So, I've been trying to figure out for a while now what sort of pickups I want to put in my guitar. To get the sound to where I want, essentially. So, I turn to you guys once again.

My main inspirations are, well, essentially the progressive rock bands. Pink Floyd, Yes, King Crimson and such, as well as Jeff Beck and Mark Knopfler. In addition, I do a lot of slide playing, and until I get myself a dedicated slide guitar, I'll be using mine for that as well. George Harrison and David Gilmour being my primary influences for slide.

Going from this, I want something Fender-ish. However, I'm not too terribly fond of the sort of "plunk" sound that single coils can have. So, I dunno what I'm really after.

Still, I've got a decent idea of what I want, being the bridge pickup for the rhythm and the neck pickup for the lead. The bridge being good clean, maybe with a bit of jangle to it, but capable of getting raunchy and sounding good while being so. The neck being for solos, and thus having the sort of smooth, blues/jazz tone while clean, and responding well to fuzz and overdrive.

Can be a humbucker-sized single-coil, or just a humbucker. I dunno. The only other guide I have is that I need to find it for relatively cheap.

If needed, please move this to the Modding forum.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
i play wit dimarzio super 2s, i play pick floyd and king crimson, but mostly i p[lay queens of the stone age and stoner rock, but these pickups seem to work really well with cleans and overdrive
Don't diss the Danelectros, man. The Chorus is amazing for a $15 pedal, and though the Delay has some flaws, I like the circuit enough, and I plan on having it put into a new casing eventually. Unless I find something better, of course.

Stick to the pickups in this thread, if you could.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay