I searched and nothing came up. Srsly.

So, I am trying to improve my exhale gutturals.

I can growl and grunt just fine, but the spews and the squeals are hard.

Does anybody know any GOOD tips or have any GOOD links to a lesson?

(The key word is GOOD)
I've heard so many "proper" ways on how to growl, squeal, scream whatever. I'm seriously starting to think its just a personal thing that you just have to kinda figure out for yourself. Everyones vocal chords are a little different ya know? Anyway just my opinion
The Dude abides
Gutterals are done inhaled, I have never heard of them done exhaled. It's all tensing the throat (sighing and stopping, keeping your throat in that position) and then sucking the air back through, contorting the throat to make the pitch changes.
Quote by Metal Massacre
WRONG! He is asking for a certain way to do something better, I just want links to lessons.

And the growl thread is not a good place for asking about lessons about growls?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by Metal Massacre
WRONG! He is asking for a certain way to do something better, I just want links to lessons.

Oh... my.... dear god.

"Growling Thread"

Its in the title for Lucifers sake. Its a megathread you fucking idiot! Anything and everything that involves growling. You ask it their.

Fuck.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by Internal Chaos
Gutterals are done inhaled, I have never heard of them done exhaled. It's all tensing the throat (sighing and stopping, keeping your throat in that position) and then sucking the air back through, contorting the throat to make the pitch changes.

We've got a band up here, Excruciate, all his gutterals are exhaled.
Quote by Internal Chaos

No, they are not.

I have known almost all death metal bands to use exhales, some black metalists do inhale, but it's mostly exhale.

And, I'm sorry but the giant GROWLING THREAD wasn't much ofa hint was it?
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Internal Chaos

My gutturals are exhaled.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Working up alot of phlegm helps, depending on the type of scream. I front a sludge band with Eyehategod vocals, and I just tear up my secondary vocal chords with alot of phlegm in my throat.
Dickless.
I exhale my gutterals as well, and I like how mine sound, I'd say a mix of Karl and Micheal's and Johan's...
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Oh. I've gotten the wrong impression of gutterals.

My gutterals are the sounds made by bands like Despised Icon, Waking the Cadaver, Prostitute Disfigurement, etc.

Can someone link me to Excruciate?

By gutterals, does everyone else here just mean, like, growls?
Yeah, guttural = growl in most cases
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory