Poll: Do you shop at thrift stores?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you shop at thrift stores?
Yes
17 68%
No
8 32%
Voters: 25.
I personally enjoy going to them. The nicer ones, anyway. I've found some cool stuff at them. Except for this one time where I found STP's album "Core" at a Goodwill for $2. I bought it, brought it home, opened it, and realized that inside the case was a 1993 encyclopedia for macintosh. Heh.
they are pretty good but sometimes i feel bad buying clothes and stuff. i mean if i can afford shopping at clothing stores with new stuff, i feel like i should leave resale clothes for people who have to shop at thrift stores? i don't know. i still buy stuff on occasion
signed,
your favorite poster
Thats why you look inside the case first

But yes, I do enjoy browsing the occasional thrift store...... Pawn shop. I found a Takamine acoustic for 200
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
thrift stores are fun. esp if youre looking for a weird ass costume for some event, like a crappy old ugly suit or something funny...its the best place to go
Quote by wemonir
they are pretty good but sometimes i feel bad buying clothes and stuff. i mean if i can afford shopping at clothing stores with new stuff, i feel like i should leave resale clothes for people who have to shop at thrift stores? i don't know. i still buy stuff on occasion

Maybe if you're buying all of the clothes in a thrift store, then yeah. But really, I don't think there's any reason to feel like that. In some places (Like Goodwill) buying stuff actually helps people out, so yeah.
Quote by Spamwise
Maybe if you're buying all of the clothes in a thrift store, then yeah. But really, I don't think there's any reason to feel like that. In some places (Like Goodwill) buying stuff actually helps people out, so yeah.

yeah? i guess i should just not worry about it.
signed,
your favorite poster
Quote by Spamwise

yup. highly encourage goodwill shopping. you can find cool stuff and help people. and those book stores that send all their profit to cancer research. those are cool too
sometimes you can find some cool stuff, music stuff is there sometimes, i wanted to get a piano there that i saw, but it was like 500 bucks, so i was like, no way, but i hardly ever go, the one by my house wants me to hate it, i walked in, the place smelled like a canibals vomit, and the james blunt song "your beautiful" started to play, needless to say i high tailed it out of there.
Yeah.. I do. I can do it without feeling bad because I barely have enough money for rent and tuition.

I've found some sweet weird outfits that I might wear to a themed party or something ...mainly a metallic green unitard that may be my new drinking outfit.
I've had great luck shopping in Goodwill and Salvation Army. I've found (among other things) 3 or 4 really great coats, several nice tweed sport coats, and a badass painting of a matador, none of which were more than $10 each. How can that be beat?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by wemonir

if it makes you feel better, when you are getting rid of old clothes that are in a pretty good condition, bring them to the store. circle of life type ****

i got a whole bunch of cassette tapes because i dont have a cd player in my car. found some pearl jam, alice in chains, and ace of base
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Last edited by GrungeBeatle at Apr 23, 2008,
My friend found the new MCR CD or whatever at a Value Village used for $2. He bought it.
i do, but not that often.

i know some people that work at the local goodwill, so they let me know when good stuff comes in.
I once saw a relatively nice Chevrolet pickup truck at Goodwill on a "highest bid" type thing, ended up going for something like $700.

I take my old stuff in, get store credit or just a receipt for a tax deduction. Then buy stuff that's new to me. I'm helping people out, and I get some pretty cool buys. Like the hemp necklace that had a blown glass pendant with two mushrooms inside.

And, NEVER feel sorry for the people working at Goodwill because they "Can't get a better job." They make $10/hr.