These two guitarists are probably the reasons i started playing and love playing, both have a huge influence on me. But who do you guys think i should do my paper on, i have to present it and i got 2-3 to do my presentation. Who do you think is more interesting?thanks
LOL
Both are awesome, but I'd go with Dave. Just cause I like Maiden a little more than Priest. Both are touring this summer. Sweet jesus.
Gibson.
LOL im the only one who likes judas moren than maiden (but they r still both fukn awesome)

gleen tipton! and kk downing
tipton for sure. KK was good to, but tipton always seemed to write the good stuff while KK just kinda picked up the scraps. XD

i always found glenns heaviest riffs (the sentinel, all of the painkiller album, Electric eye, etc..) to be the ballsiest of the 2. Dave was pretty melodic and catchy.. but i never found iron maiden to ever be really HEAVY.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
yeah i was thinking of doing Glenn because of his work, and how he got more technical and Dave for his legato speed. i got a couple of days to decide, any who thanks guys!
LOL
I say dave.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Dave Murray. ...Who's the other?

No, I'm joking.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Glenn Tipton. In terms of innovation and influence, you're going to have a lot more to write about Glenn, plus he also managed to have a half decent solo career. He also has done a lot more different things in terms of his music and song writing than Dave has imo. You could also have an interesting part about his evolution as a player from the catchy and well-written but simple songs on British Steel, to complex compositions and playing on Painkiller and Nostradamus (if the single is any indication).
Quote by CJRocker
Glenn Tipton. In terms of innovation and influence, you're going to have a lot more to write about Glenn, plus he also managed to have a half decent solo career. He also has done a lot more different things in terms of his music and song writing than Dave has imo. You could also have an interesting part about his evolution as a player from the catchy and well-written but simple songs on British Steel, to complex compositions and playing on Painkiller and Nostradamus (if the single is any indication).

yup thinking the same way. One question how do you think Glenn has influenced people?
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
yup thinking the same way. One question how do you think Glenn has influenced people?

A lot of ways. I think he really paved the way (with KK Downing) for two guitar leads in metal. His guitar work on albums like Screaming for Vengeance and British Steel could be considered era defining, and guys like Dave Mustaine and Kerry King both count his early work (again with KK) on Sad Wings of Destiny and Sin After Sin as being huge influences.
Dave Murray all the way! Top 5 favorite guitarist of mine after Page, Lifeson, Gilmour, and Clapton!
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
I say dave, mostly because Maiden > Priest, IMO.

Why not KK, I prefer his work over Glenn's, anyways.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
dave murray,cause im such a maiden fanboy
I havent listened to ALOT of priest but i like what i heard i think ill check em out more as they seem just as influential as maiden.
A lot of ways. I think he really paved the way (with KK Downing) for two guitar leads in metal. His guitar work on albums like Screaming for Vengeance and British Steel could be considered era defining, and guys like Dave Mustaine and Kerry King both count his early work (again with KK) on Sad Wings of Destiny and Sin After Sin as being huge influences.

+1 Tipton's work with Judas Priest paved the way for bands like Iron Maiden to follow.

I also think Glenn Tipton's style has evolved more over time than Dave Murray's: compare Sad Wings of Destiny & Sin After Sin to the arena metal period of Screaming for Vengeance & British Steel. And then they make another leap again with their Painkiller sound, where it is clear that Tipton has been practicing (it is so fast & neoclassical). And then their latest work manages to sound current, while still retaining the Judas Priest sound. Dave Murray is a great player, but I don't get the sense of him experimenting to the degree that Tipton does: Murray has a great sound, and does it well, but doesn't push the boundaries.

I love Dave Murray's playing, but I think he is a wee bit less influential because he doesn't do a lot of songwriting, whereas Tipton does a lot of songwriting for Judas Priest.
I have decided to do Glenn mostly because of his change in playing and music style influence.
LOL
That is true

He has gotten better and better over the years, as has Adrian Smith in the same way. He's gone up many levels while Dave has been playing the same way forever.
Quote by Silky Smooth
That is true

He has gotten better and better over the years, as has Adrian Smith in the same way. He's gone up many levels while Dave has been playing the same way forever.

yeah i consider Smith more technical then Dave even though he plays a little slower, just a tad bit, his music writing is much better and his playing is more technical mostly in the solo's
LOL
He's gotten alot quicker too!

Check out some of his stuff on Dicksons solo albums