Hi

I posted a thread a few days ago about a new amp to replace my 10 watt peice of sh*t.

Well i found this amp and i want to hear if its worth it or not.

1)Will it be loud enough to jam with a bassist and drummer(will i need the 50w model)
2)Will i get a good clean tone, it says it has a small tube? Please Explain
3)Will the effects be allright and not really bad
4)Amp noise. I'm an amp noise "nazi" (Hate it, cant stand it)
5)Will i be able to get a good clean tone i.e John Butler Trio, Alice in chains unplugged
6)Good grungy/rock tone i.e Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden

Thanks in advance

LINKS:
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/ad15-30-50-100vt.asp
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Last edited by jake_1234 at Apr 23, 2008,
in my opinion, its loud enough to jam with, unless ur drummer has an extremely expensive and loud drumset. cleans are good, and u'll be able to play rock and stuff well on it. doesnt do heavy distortion well tho. doesnt look like you'll be needing it anyways. effects are pretty decent and fun to mess around with. there are not many good solid state amps out there, but this is one of them.
Gear
-Fender American Stratt
-Tube Cricket
-Homemade 20 Watt Tube (pics+clips soon)
-MXR Stereo Chorus
-Holy Grail Reverb

Theres no sensation to compare with this, suspended animation, a state of bliss...
The AD30VT is sure good enough for jamming and such, but why stop there, get the AD50VT for a few bucks more and have a nice beginner's gigging amp to go.

And the distortion on the Vox Valvetronics series is pretty good, not the best ever, but it has very usable sounds. Just don't go with the factory presets
Is it true that you cant use no amp model???
Like can you not run a simple Guitar-amp-speaker
Does it have to be guitar-amp model-speaker??

also what about amp noise is there lots?
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by jake_1234
Is it true that you cant use no amp model???
Like can you not run a simple Guitar-amp-speaker
Does it have to be guitar-amp model-speaker??

also what about amp noise is there lots?

Of course you have to use the amp model

And theres nothing wrong with that either, for some reason, I really don't like you.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
^i think what Jake is asking is: can you run thru the amp clean without any special amp model(ing). I think the answer is NO based on what I have seen and is very similar to my SS amp. The VT series is a Hybrid amp -Valvetronix right? So the best you can do, and I'm not saying this is bad, is to pick the amp model that YOU feel is the most clean or whatever...and then add effects etc from there

;- not sure if that helps or not
buy a tube combo if you can - not sure if that helps or not
;
Quote by iSlash
Of course you have to use the amp model

And theres nothing wrong with that either, for some reason, I really don't like you.

For some reason, i dont care

For other considerate people thanks i think i will buy the 30 watt version soon
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Best go for the 50w to get over drummer....Built in effects are pretty good and the noise gate works well too....