Ibanez PGM 301
45 30%
Ibanez JS1200
55 37%
Ibanez UV777BK
48 32%
Voters: 148.
Page 1 of 2
ok heres the deal, for the past year and a half ive been to more than a 100 guitar stores playing every guitar imaginable, I've played everything from JEM's to double necked strats and I have finally narrowed it down to three. After many many test shreds I simply CANNOT choose one over the other because they are all SO perfect (in my opinion).

So i created this poll so you guys can help me out. I WILL buy the guitar that wins this poll (pics will be provided as soon as I can take them). The choice are

1) Ibanez PGM 301 http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBAPGM301

This guitar is so smooth its ridiculous. The pcikups also gave me a wide range of tones from mellow bluesy to a very crunchy distortion. Did I mention that it looks dam sexy?

2) Ibanez JS 1200 http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBAJS1200

The neck on this guitar is like running your hands through silk. It took NO effort playing this guitar, it made my music seem like everything I played was so smooth and perfectly played. Very Nice looking guitar

3) Ibanez UV777BK http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBAUV777

Words cannot describe the little kid like feelings that came to me when I played this guitar. I had a grin strecthed out my face the entire time I was playing this guitar. The low B string really opened up some unique oppurtunites when I was trying this guitar. The neck is also smooth and the look of the guitar was awe-inspiring.

by the way I want you guys to help me pick out the guitar from these three choices. I DO NOT want another guitar choice. I have literally played them all (except the white falcon) and found these three to be best suited for what I play. I also DO NOT want amp suggestions, my amp is good enough. I dont even want what you think to be better guitar for lower prices. These are your only choices.

What type of music do I play? I play tons of instrumental guitar (Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Buckethead,....) along with classic rock ( Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Metallica, Pearl Jam, Hendrix, Clapton, etc..).

So which guitar is it going to be?
Last edited by Jumeriah at Apr 23, 2008,
I'd get the JS1200 also
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
I'd take the PG.

But dude, go play the White Falcon. It's like heroin to your ears.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I'd take the PG.

But dude, go play the White Falcon. It's like heroin to your ears.

...............this doesnt sound healthy........
PG all the way dude
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
This is very bad choice for you. Every guitar is completely different. One has a hard tail, one has a double locking bridge and one is a 7 string. Its no simple "Apple vs Orange" thing, its like "Apple vs mars bar". Completely different choices.

Do you want a 7 string, a 6 string with edge pro or a 6 string with a hard tail.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I would go with the Universe hands down. Not only is it a dream guitar of mine and has the added range of the extra string, but it has a really solid tremolo unit on it as well. I think for the largest variety of possible sounds you can get, the Universe is the clear winner.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Pg
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
Quote by .arkness:.
This is very bad choice for you. Every guitar is completely different. One has a hard tail, one has a double locking bridge and one is a 7 string. Its no simple "Apple vs Orange" thing, its like "Apple vs mars bar". Completely different choices.

Do you want a 7 string, a 6 string with edge pro or a 6 string with a hard tail.

while i undertand your point, each guitar has meet or exceeded my expectations, I can play most of the songs I want to, only difference being that I cant divebomb on the PGM which takes away some things but not alot.
If you cant decide on your own in my humble opinion, you shouldnt buy.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
i like the JS. I'd love to get to play a white falcon... they're so awesome but i'm guessing u dont wanna pay that much
JS1200. /thread
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
you can milk alot of tones out the pgm, the neck is uber, I <3 the rg body, hard tail means sustains, and easy drop tuning.
More notes = More emotions per second
If you agree they all play and sound great, then choose the one you think looks best.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
JEM!

get a mirror pickguard and you have th hottest guitar ever
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Quote by Jumeriah
I DO NOT want another guitar choice.

Quote by shaakaal

JEM!

get a mirror pickguard and you have th hottest guitar ever

For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Well, if i was you i would go with the JS.

I think the JS is the best choice because it has a "silky smooth neck", a nice comfortable rounded body, a great trem, and great pups. I think the PGM looks better, but you should get the guitar that it is easiest to play IMO. Since your description of the JS made it sound like you really enjoy playing it,and its easy to play, that would be my choice. If you play in different tunings, just get a Tremol-No. I have never played a 7 string, but the Universe looks dam good, but if you are happy with 6 strings then i would just stay with 6.
There is no way id spend that kind of money on an ibanez and not have a trem. Thats the pgm out of the running. It would win if it was edge equipped imo. between the Jem and JS it seems to me like you really want the Jem. I mean did the JS get the same little kid in a candy store reaction too? If not go for the Jem.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
judging by the way you described each guitar I'd go with the UV777.

Sounds like you had the most fun on that one.
Get the Universe. That low b will open our world. Besides, you can still play anything you could play on the JS on it as well.
Quote by .arkness:.

you know the uv777 is a jem model?

the hell you rollin your eyes at me
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Ibanez UV777BK imo. its a 7 string which allows for a lot more experimentation and has a HSH combo and a whammy. then again if u already have a 7 string you may want to go with the PGM for the semi-hollowbody sound, etc. depends what you have. also the UV777BK just seems to suit any shredding you might wanna do, and I can just imagine that giant little kid grin you had, it was the same one I had when I bought my carvin off my english teacher for hella cheap. Go with the grin man.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

I just got the PGM. It was a huge pain in the ass to find. 100% worth it, I love the thickness of the neck; the tone is much fatter than an RG.

Choosing from those 3 is tough. You're batting around a hardtail, a Floyd, and a 7-string. They are quite different. In fact most people have one of each type in their collection.

I feel like the closest apples to apples comparison is the JS and the PGM. In which case the decision is simple; trem vs. no trem.
'62 Fender Jazzmaster (w/ Seymour Duncn Antq. II's)
PRS McCarty 20th Anniversary Rosewood Artist
Gibson SG '61 Custom Shop VOS
Ernie Ball Music Man JP6 w/ Piezo
Ibanez PGM301

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Single Rect-o-Verb Combo
Vox AC30CC2X
Quote by J rock
judging by the way you described each guitar I'd go with the UV777.

Sounds like you had the most fun on that one.

The point of a guitar is to make the owner happy so you described the UV777 in the most positive way so go for that.
I prefer the PGM myself, but you sounded the most passionate about the Universe.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Go with the PGM man.. Beautiful guitar. The tremelo systems on the others will make alternate tunings such a bich to go into
Current Gear:
Taylor 210ce
Fender Blues Jr.
Vox Tonelab LE
PRS Custom 24

Visual Sound h2o
Visual Sound Double Trouble
"Even Less"
even though i don't like its looks, but go with the JS. its one great guitar
even though my description made it sound like only the universe was fun, I thoroughly enjoy playing every one of them........the universe just happened to be one of those guitars that I envied since I can remember and I playing it reminded me of all those countless hours I spent staring at guitar magazines/websites just looking at it..

right now the voting is VERY close, so im going to let this poll run for a while before purchasing the guitar with the leading amount of votes...
Just out of curiousity...

How often do you plan on changing tunings? Think about how much you use your tremelo system. Is it integral to your music? Were the neck dimensions perfect on all guitars? If you got the UV777, how much do you think you'll use that extra string? You ain't just gonna go 'chugga chugga' are ya!? How versatile do you need this guitar to be? No guitar can excel at every genre. Have you actually ABed (and C in this scenario) each guitar through the exact same amp and playing the same licks over? That's the best way to compare guitars if you are really unsure on what to buy.
Quote by Mwoit
Just out of curiousity...

How often do you plan on changing tunings? Think about how much you use your tremelo system. Is it integral to your music? Were the neck dimensions perfect on all guitars? If you got the UV777, how much do you think you'll use that extra string? You ain't just gonna go 'chugga chugga' are ya!? How versatile do you need this guitar to be? No guitar can excel at every genre. Have you actually ABed (and C in this scenario) each guitar through the exact same amp and playing the same licks over? That's the best way to compare guitars if you are really unsure on what to buy.

Again, ive been test playing all sorts of guitars for nearly a year and a half. These three played everything I threw at them perfectly, as far as the tremolo tuning thing goes, I already have a non tremolo guitar which I will use for alternate tunings and such so if I do decide to get a guitar with a tremolo, then it will stay exclusively in EADGBE

and all of these guitars were tested on a fender super sonic combo amp....
Page 1 of 2