Does anyone know of any overdrive/distortion pedals that have valves actually in them?
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
There's a fair amount around now, Hughs and Kettner, Vox and Peavey are all making some really nice ones that start at around $500 AUS. Behringer make a couple of cheaper ones, but the tone isn't nearly as nice.
i have a blackstar HT-DRIVE. thats got a valve and it runs at high power too. some of them run at low power which apparently makes them no good.
Thank you please.
theres also teh electro harmonix english muffn
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
There are thousands, my personnal favourite is the BK Butler Tube Driver.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Ibanez makes the tubeking. It actually sounds really good. I'd get one if i had the cash.
It has a built in noise gate too.
I think valve pedals are a gimmick, personally.

Saturated valve tone doesn't come from the preamp tubes, it comes from the power amp tubes.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by diditfortehlulz
I think valve pedals are a gimmick, personally.

Saturated valve tone doesn't come from the preamp tubes, it comes from the power amp tubes.

besides that, most of the pedals aren't using the tube in a high enough voltage circuit, so it's not doing squat for the tone. Most tube overdrive pedals are just marketing.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
besides that, most of the pedals aren't using the tube in a high enough voltage circuit, so it's not doing squat for the tone. Most tube overdrive pedals are just marketing.

+1

Listen to this guy, TS.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece