I have a mexi strat and it has these tuners on: Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines.

There are no screws at the back. I'm set on replacing them with either the American Standard gold tuners, cause i can find a seller, or Sperzels, if i can find them. Those that do not need screws to be installed, since my strat does not have screws at the back. Cause it does not have screws, I have absolutely no idea how to remove the tuners. Can someone help me?

and please dont tell me to go send it in to a guitar tech. it costs a bomb to get anything done here. and i want to learn too.

it looks like this:

thanks
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
On the top-side, the peg (where you lace the string) the peg itself is the screw. look and youll see that the base of the peg is a nut. so all you'll need is a ratchet or wrench. (preff ratchet, you'll only get small turns with a wrench and youre more likely to round off the nut.

hope that helps
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Most fenders have a pin coming out of the back of the tuner rather than a screw like many other brands. Its really rare to be able to put a set of aftermarket tuners in a guitar without needing to drill another hole for the pin or screw.
I replaced my tuners with the fender gold and it was just pop and swap
I have an american with sperzels on it. I had to drill a small hole for the guide pin to fit into. Basically, I just put it in place, made sure it looked straight, and pushed the pin into the wood to make a mark, and drilled a little hole there. Worked fine.

Sperzel's are great, I love them. So quick and easy to change strings. I hate messing with winding my other guitars now though

I also have a Mex that I put the American tuners onto. They fit no problem.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
cruc1a7 Yea I would imagine fender tuners would fit in a fender guitar that came with fender tuners. But just about anything else will have a different set up. Spertzels were close but still needed a new hole when I put some in mine.
I am thinking i may go with schallers.They will fit a mim strat.yes there is a nut that hold your heads in place.yes there is a pin hole to.If it was me ,i would have my setup tech do the work.I am not good with power tools lol jmo ken
My grear Fender standard Strat(Black and White)Amp Marshall MG100DFX ,assorted toys.