Alright gang!

Im gonna buy a half stack soon as i have my first real large gig coming up and need the power.

I only got 400 pounds to spend on it, was just wondering firstly.

Are peavey valve king heads good?

I was gonna buy a marshall cab aswell as i heard the peavey valve king cab if fairly ****e. i was wondering is a head can be linked up with any cab, or are there certain combo's which don't work?

Thanks alot!
Dean Vendetta 4.0 "Tiger Eye"
Peavey Valveking Half-Stack VK100+4x12"
1) why halfstack? if its a really big venue and a combo wouldnt be enough, theres gonna be a PA...your decision though

2) make sure the ohmages on the cab and head match up and the cab can handle the power the head puts out. other than that nothing to worry about

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by hendriko at Apr 23, 2008,
Quote by hendriko
2) make sure the impedance ratings on the cab and head match up and the cab can handle the power the head puts out. other than that nothing to worry about

Fixed.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
For 400 pounds, you have a lot of combo options.

Music style?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by Kendall
Fixed.

sorry

thanks

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

my music style is glam and thrash, so any 80s metal really!

I want something with a lead gain on it aswell.

I want a half stack so that if something goes wrong in the cxombo it cna be easily rpelaced at the gig as we have a backup. If the comob goes, its all gone if ya know what im saying.

Cheers
Dean Vendetta 4.0 "Tiger Eye"
Peavey Valveking Half-Stack VK100+4x12"
^not really...if the speaker in the combo breaks, hook it up to an ext. cab (which you apparently have around or you wouldnt be able to do that with a stack either)
if the amp in the combo breaks, hook a head up to the combo speaker (youd have to have a spare head there too, incase the head of the stack breaks)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame