Hi guys, Im teaching my friend how to play bar chords but I cant think of easy songs with bar chords that he can play to practise. can you help my here? thanks.
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
the F Chord is barred unless you do it the n00b way

Sorry by Buckcherry
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by shpaz
Hi guys, Im teaching my friend how to play bar chords but I cant think of easy songs with bar chords that he can play to practise. can you help my here? thanks.

Anything you want, inherently barre chords are no different to any other chords. Just pick any song, but replace open chords with barre chords - that's how I learned.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Anything you want, inherently barre chords are no different to any other chords. Just pick any song, but replace open chords with barre chords - that's how I learned.

Truth. I played a long time before finally understanding that I could play the same songs I learned as open chords with power chords or barre chords

For learning barre chords I *think* its easier if the whole song is barred, but it can also be less frustrating if it just has a B or whatever here and there and the rest is open chords.

Radiohead - fake plastic trees, is pretty good if you want a barre here and there but mostly open.

Radiohead - Just is great for power/barre.

Offspring - self esteem also good for barre.

Weezer - say it ain't so (just fake some of the more intricate parts and you can barre it all)

Weezer - sweater song. Basically just goes G C D C over and over again, can play it open, but with distortion sounds more kickass barred.

Oh and the other thing I finally figured out was playing the same notes/chords in different places around the neck. I was hearing some slurred (slided?) notes in songs wondering how the F you do that across different strings. Duh moment, just slide down to 10th fret on E string instead of skipping down to 5th fret on A string ^^
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
I have trouble playing barre chords. I can't seem to press hard enough with my index finger. I know playing them is the best way to learn, but is there some other method that will help?
Quote by ureshii
I have trouble playing barre chords. I can't seem to press hard enough with my index finger. I know playing them is the best way to learn, but is there some other method that will help?

Yea I seem to have this problem as well.

I can get the 6th string, but my 1st and sometimes my 2nd sound muted. And unless I press really hard I can't get them to sound properly but then I can't use any of my other fingers really.

I guess it just takes more practice
Quote by ureshii

Yup, I'm having the same problem. I friend of mine gave me a good tip though. Get a squash ball and use that in your spare time as a means to strengthen your hand.

Basically, put the ball between your thumb and index finger and press. Takes time, but it's definately helped me.
Quote by ureshii

I think this is just a fact of life. I'm like 8 months in and up until recently couldnt get all the notes to ring and had trouble keeping the pressure across all strings (to be honest I'm still far from perfect at it but I can play songs and they sound okay).

One thing though that helped me was I started with the "cheat F" where you only fret the D G B and E strings, barring just the B and E strings with your index. It's hard enough to bar 2 never mind 6, but once I was comfortable with that it made barring all of them a little easier.

In the end though I think its just hand strength, so squeeze-ball exercises as suggested above would probably be even more helpful.
My Gear
Epi Les Paul
Roland Microcube
Boss DS-1 pedal
Shure SM57
M-Audio Fasttrack
Quote by ureshii

Are you rolling your hand a little so that it's more like the side of your index finger that's doing the barring? If not, it helps a hell of a lot.