i have an Epiphone les paul custom guitar with a Marshall MG30dfx amp.
the problem is that there is a continuous noise (like a whistle) and especially in high volume..
the problem is worse when i use an effects pedal..
when i use my other guitar i dont face this problem..
what should i do?
should i change the pickups?
thnks a lot.
amp = phail
I assume it's feedback you're getting, roll off the treble and gain
ohai little sig.
You could try use any noise reduction that is on your pedal if you have it...have you tried moving further away from your amp it could be feedback
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
If you use your other guitar and it's fine then the pickups on your Epiphone are screwed, or maybe the wiring. Take it your nearest guitar tech and make him sought it out. That's what i do.

"Fix it"
"Whats the problem?"
*Customer is gone and a roll of cash is left on the table.*
yes ive tried that but still im not satisfied..plus i havent got noise reduction :P
and i agree with all these but the thing is that it happens only with the one guitar..
Sounds like feedback - turn down the gain and stand further away from the amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
standing away from the amp has no result..
but by turning down the gain its kinda better.. but still theres noise.
when the switch is on TREBLE theres this strong 'whistle'
and when its on RYTHM theres some other kind of noise.. (still annoying)
exactly.. it stops when u r playing.. thnx very much mate.. but what do you mean by 're-waxpotted' coz i dont get it:P
its like the insulation of the pickup, u no how u insulate ur house in winter it keeps u warm. well the insulation is now gone, that one way of putting it.

its a technical job and its a pro only job so u will have to buy another pickup cause the people i talk to say it aint worth redoing it cause of the funds,

with the money u might as well get a new one
talking about pickups.. do you recommend EMG? and if so should i use 2 active ones or one passive and one active?
Quote by cospet
talking about pickups.. do you recommend EMG? and if so should i use 2 active ones or one passive and one active?

Mixing actives and passives is a ballache, and nigh-on impossible unless you have them on separate circuits.

Besides, there's no point shelling out serious money on pickups whilst you have that MG. More to the point, there's nothing to indicate that the pickups are the problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well then its one or the other active or passive like i said i havent played with pick ups before

but i can tell u thats the problem, and steven have a read of that and thats the problem that the ts is facer

http://www.guitarnuts.com/technical/electrical/index.php