Honestly though, a few things you'll learn are breathing, moving shaping your mouth properly.

Sounds obvious, but most people don't breathe properly when the first start singing (if you listen to an album and can hear the singer breathing in, s/he is doing it wrong).

Moving, whilst maintaining a steady note is also hard. Try singing just one steady note and walk around your room...

Mouth shape. Watch the shape of singers' mouths. They may look like they are pulling silly faces, but really, it's so they can project their voice further, without HAVING TO SHOUT!
Haha who else would i be talking about. I think it's really good anyway for a 16 year old. My gf loves that bubbly song
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by saphrax
Honestly though, a few things you'll learn are breathing, moving shaping your mouth properly.

Sounds obvious, but most people don't breathe properly when the first start singing (if you listen to an album and can hear the singer breathing in, s/he is doing it wrong).

Moving, whilst maintaining a steady note is also hard. Try singing just one steady note and walk around your room...

Mouth shape. Watch the shape of singers' mouths. They may look like they are pulling silly faces, but really, it's so they can project their voice further, without HAVING TO SHOUT!

you just explained alot to me ^_^
:S i think i breath wrong. one of the things that im trying to work out
Quote by Xplozive
Haha who else would i be talking about. I think it's really good anyway for a 16 year old. My gf loves that bubbly song

Tehe...
colbie callaitt is legend!!!
and lol @ for a 16 year old >_< !!!
Start doing breathing exercises to learn how to use your diaphragm as well as doing the Major Scale.
Quote by lexieangel
you just explained alot to me ^_^
:S i think i breath wrong. one of the things that im trying to work out

Tis hard. I knew a girl who was a singing instructor. I was curious, so she gave me one lesson. These are the three things she said she works on first. After that, working on your vocal range and hitting notes properly*.

*You may already be good at that. I can't listen to your profile because I'm at work.

<_<

>_>

Quote by lexieangel
how do i do majour scale?

Like this
Quote by lexieangel
im at school ^_^ im meant to have singing in a minute... but like we dont work on technique, we work on songs....
which i didnt think that was right?

It depends really. I can sing a couple of songs quite well, as I frequently have a sing along with them whilst mooching about.

It's like learning a song on guitar. You could play ome song really well, but if you had spent the time learning theory instead, you could play many songs...
Quote by saphrax

haha
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Singing to the scale is basicly just raising and lowering the pitch of your singing to match a series of notes on a piano, guitar, ect. Its a good way to practice and warm up your voice before you sing.
I just listened to one of your myspace songs, basicly all you need to do is work on your breathing and project your voice out more.
Quote by lexieangel
Tehe...
colbie callaitt is legend!!!
and lol @ for a 16 year old >_< !!!

Nevertheless I didn't mean it in any other way then you have an awesome voice
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
I don't think it would matter if I got lessons, I would still suck.
And that would still not stop me from singing to myself constantly.

But you might have some sort of skill that a teacher could shake out of you. *Shrugs*
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
If you're interested in singing lessons, get singing lessons.
Everybody's voice is different and a teacher will really help you.
I've been taking lessons on and off for two years. I've only just started taking them seriously because I've finally found a teacher that I feel is actually helping me.
Singing lessons are actually really enjoyable, its like a good lung stretch. I have read a few good singing tips in that 'only voice thread'.. wherever it is, but nothing compares to real-life lessons.

Every teacher I've had has said different things, some of them contradict eachother completely. But all have them have basically said, ALWAYS warm up before you sing (start with humming) and sing loads.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Last edited by Domino at Apr 23, 2008,
Thanks!
yeah i have them, but we dont actully learn the theory :S
Thanks @ nice singing comments *blushes badly* xxx
EDIT:
Quote by Domino
Every teacher I've had has said different things, some of them contradict eachother completely. But all have them have basically said, ALWAYS warm up before you sing (start with humming) and sing loads.

*sings loads* tyty