Page 1 of 2
Bec and I were discussing the You Cry, You Lose thread, which made us want to watch sad movies when we hang out tomorrow.
But, basically, we've seen all the basic sad movies. Titanic, The Green Mile, The Notebook (Which didn't make me cry, by the way)

Suggestions, please.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
Watership Down.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
there's some film that's in italian and subtitled in english, called "la vita é bella", it'll cut you in half http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/
i'd recomend giving it a watch regardless of if you want to cry not though, cos it's brilliant! "In the name of the father always gets me too", but that might be just because im irish
Schindlers List
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I know they're not "sad" films per say, but both Donnie Darko and Brick make me feel kinda hollow after watching them
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Lion King.

But other than what has been mentioned, the only thing apart from that i can think of is a japanese one, not worth mentioning.
The Pianist - it's also brutally violent, so if that bothers you, don't watch it.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Diamond Dave
its not that sad really but i'll mention Gallipoli because i watched it the other day.

its an old australian movie about gallipoli obviously and has mel gibson in it.

I'm Aussie, I've seen it a few times in school.
The ending just leaves me so hollow. Like. Wow, I guess that's what it's like, it just ends.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
21 Grams; Internal Affairs; City of God; The Machinist; The Science of Sleep
Nil By Mouth is probably the darkest movie I've ever seen. I'd recommend this, but it might be a bit too dark for a lot of people.

also:

Casualties of War
Million Dollar Baby
Schindlers List
A Tale Of Two Sisters
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by fridge_raider
Closer. Requiem For A Dream.

+1

Requiem made me cry a little bit. That's actually a lot, I have never cried in a movie other than that. Ever.
Well for recent movies, I Am Legend gave me a kind of hollow feeling after the mom and the dog died.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by t3gan
I'm Aussie, I've seen it a few times in school.
The ending just leaves me so hollow. Like. Wow, I guess that's what it's like, it just ends.

yeah, i reckon its a great movie. i dont really feel like writing an essay on it here but if you had to do that at school as well i guess you know what im on about
I'd say Click. But mainly at the end. The rest of it is a comedy.
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
Keep in mind, these are going to be picked up from the local video rental store.
And knowing our luck with renting movies, most of these won't be there.
And we still havn't seen Almost Famous together.
Quote by matt062286
Terminator 2

What?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Garden State and The Last Kiss, first one's funny but sad, second one is more a reality sadness. Both have Zach Braff, they won't make you cry but theyll make you feel sad.
The Thin Red Line is a war movie, I think it's really sad because it shows what the effects of battle during WWII were, what it really was like.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Garden State is an awesome recommendation!

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by zippidyduda
Well for recent movies, I Am Legend gave me a kind of hollow feeling after the mom and the dog died.

Yeah, when Sam died that was really sad.
Or you could watch the last half hour of American History X, it's so sad when Danny dies.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Last edited by avenged_7_fold at Apr 23, 2008,
Page 1 of 2