Hey guys,

I am looking for a good distortion pedal that has a softer punch too it, more for blues but can also give the sound of Satriani's Always With Me, Always With You. I have a B-52 that I use for overdrive, and currently have a Boss MD-2 in my loop. Any suggestions for under $120?

Thanks
Boss BD-2, maybe.

Personally, I would go with a good overdrive, though. That will give you the warm, punchy sound you're looking for, whereas most transistor distortions will be kind of harsh and mean sounding.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
well for satrianis sound, you could look at the landmine distortion pedal.......the guy does use a peavey with serious gain...
i think a bad monkey might be the trick. only $50. it does great on a clean channel to give anything from a volume increase, to some punch, to some grit, all the way to some classic rock gain. but i don't know the tone in Satriani's song that you're wanting to get. so that's my suggestion, it's worth trying out a store.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
How about a digitech hothead or screamin' blues. The Hothead is an all round pedal and the Screamin' Blues is a OD/Distortion Pedal which ive heard can get very dirty when the gain is put up. Or you could got for a Ibanez TS7 it basically the same circuit board and electrics as a TS808 and TS9 and the only difference is that its ina different case and it has a hot mode therefore you can get a bit more gainy sound from the pedal.
Last edited by RHCP_Nirvana_FF at Apr 23, 2008,
Quote by sowhat360
well for satrianis sound, you could look at the landmine distortion pedal.......the guy does use a peavey with serious gain...

Do not get the Landmine DS-1 distortion pedal. I have no idea why this guy recommended it for a Satch-like tone. Also, Satch doesn't use a lot of gain. Live, he has the gain anywhere from 9-11 o'clock. Not exactly what I'd called "serious gain."

I KuzKuz I Look into a Keeley modded Boss DS-1. Satch has been using them for years.
Yea man i looked into the keeley, I think its between that and the OD808. Thanks for all your help guys