What is the best overdrive pedal for the Bugera 6262 head. I want to get silly on the distortion...
I use the Digitech Bad Monkey on my 6505+. I really like the tone that I get from it on the lead channel.
I've heard good things about the Zakk Wylde from MXR
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
where can you get the bugera amps in the uk does anyone know???
Bad Monley, Fulltone OCD, Tube screamer, They're all good.

I've heard bad things about the Zakk Wylde from MXR go figure?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Bad Monkey - added to list to get. What about anything from BOSS? Don't they supposedly have the best overdrive pedal?
Why the hell would you need more overdrive for the 6262 if it is just like a 6505?

It will sound like farting crackling ass.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
I thought the 6262 had plenty of gain...

Quote by nebiru
Why the hell would you need more overdrive for the 6262 if it is just like a 6505?

An overdrive pedal isn't just to add gain.

I've heard many good things about the Digitech Bad Monkey as it's very cheap, reliable and not bad sounding, but if you want a little 'tighter' sound and a little mids boost, check out the Maxon OD9 or OD808.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by TheEsupremacy
What about anything from BOSS? Don't they supposedly have the best overdrive pedal?

No. They definitely don't have the best OD pedal. For the price some of their pedals are good I believe - but of course they can't go up against higher end pedals.

Edit: Also, you can't need more gain. There's enough or somethings wrong with your amp. But he might want to tighten it up or something (like people do with other amps too).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Yngwi3

I've heard many good things about the Digitech Bad Monkey as it's very cheap, reliable and not bad sounding, but if you want a little 'tighter' sound and a little mids boost, check out the Maxon OD9 or OD808.

Yeah but he specifically said "I want to get silly on the distortion..." meaning he obviously wants more.
Quote by nebiru
Yeah but he specifically said "I want to get silly on the distortion..." meaning he obviously wants more.

*actually reads full first post*
Damn my preassumptions XD
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
*actually reads full first post*
Damn my preassumptions XD

See what I mean? Doesn't make sense to me.
A good OD will tighten the gain. I run a Boss SD-1, or a custom build TS808 in front of mine... the Bugera LOVES OD pedals
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
People are actually buying Bugeras?

How is it?
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by Horlicks
Maxon OD808

+1
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
Quote by Johnonon
People are actually buying Bugeras?

How is it?

Of course, why not?

They're good amps, and for what they are - budget metal amps - they're just great.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Well, the Bugera is super versatile, sounds great, loves pedals and keeps up with my friends Mesa. I can also take the same amp go to Jazz rehearsal, use nothing but the clean channel and an OD pedal and get a sweet fat, slightly breaking up sound for the jazz and bluesy pieces. I can't wait to hear it with a retube. I might actually go with EL-34s this time, as it has adjustable and switchable bias
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by nebiru

Just a little insight.. The 6262 is designed after the 6505 but is far from being the real thing. All the demos i have seen it doesnt sound even close and one guy that owns one in the demo said its not even close to the tone of the 6505.

And he is probally just using the pedal to tighten things up. Thats what i used mine for..
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
I thought the 6262 had plenty of gain...

most of the time in the case of metal, you dont use an overdrive for more gain. (ex zw OD) gain=0 and you just use the tone and output knobs. gives you tight base and a little more top end

BTW the zakk wylde overdrive is great, but you might find something like a maxon od808 used for around the same price.....i got my zw od for $30 new during blackfriday so i vouch for it xD
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at May 1, 2011,
Quote by Yngwi3

Exactly. I much prefer the tone of my 6505+ with the gain on 4 boosted with my GT-OD than the gain on 6 unboosted.

EDIT: ^ thanks for the necrobump
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at May 1, 2011,
I use an MXR classic overdrive. The results can be heard here. Warning: horribly recorded growls and bad mixing.

EDIT: Wow, didn't see the original date.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at May 1, 2011,