I'm planning on getting a new guitar for the summer. My budget is about 300-500euros (240-400pounds/480-800USdollars). These are some of the qualities i want from this guitar:
- hardtail
- 6 strings
- it should be good for rock and metal, but work decently for all genres
- usable at gigs, reliable
- a guitar that won't break easily
- bolt-on neck or neck thru body (not glued or set neck(i have my reasons )
- normal inlays at frets (1,3,5,7,9,12,15,17,21.........)
- not used - new

Ibanez RG321 maybe?

Suggestions, please!
My Gear

Guitar(s):
Yamaha ERG-121
Tokai SG-35/CH (my brother's guitar, which I sometimes use)

Amp(s):
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15-DFX

Do NOT click!!!
Last edited by guitar_queero at Apr 23, 2008,
ltd ec 500

ltd viper 400

ltd viper 500s

Ibanez rg 321
esp a such good guitars. there cheap and are pretty amazing to play
all those above are good, but the first 3 are glued set necks. also look at Dean Vendetta 3.0 neck thru or some Jacksons.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I'm falling towards the Ibanez RG321.

Any other suggestions?
My Gear

Guitar(s):
Yamaha ERG-121

Amp(s):

Do NOT click!!!
Quote by ValoRhoads
all those above are good, but the first 3 are glued set necks. also look at Dean Vendetta 3.0 neck thru or some Jacksons.

oh right.. sorry I forgot the "no set necks" thing...

lol
edwards, theyre a company by esp and theyre half the price of standard esp's but not only that they are hand made with only seymour duncan and emg's. they r ****in amzin chk em out.
or jacksons

esp def.

ibanez r alrite but at ur budget theyll onlu b sub stndard
An LTD H-500 with Duncans would do well. But just out of curiosity, why no set necks?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I have the ibanez rg321mh (its my first guitar). Iv had it about a week and i really like it, the neck is comfortable and it sounds very nice.
Ibanez RG321MH is an excellent guitar for the money. It's a solid foundation for you to upgrade over time (which includes pickups, tuners, electronics, nut etc. etc.) and build wise it's great. IMO, I would get that since it's easily in budget and with leftover cash you can begin upgrading already!

To other users, don't bother recommending LTD or ESP because in Europe, LTD / ESP is so extortionately priced that it's just silly.
Ibanez SZ or SA or whatever the one without a trem are called.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Ibanez SZ or SA or whatever the one without a trem are called.

That's the SZ, but it has a set neck, the ts does not want that (though I don't know why).
Quote by Mwoit
Ibanez RG321MH is an excellent guitar for the money. It's a solid foundation for you to upgrade over time (which includes pickups, tuners, electronics, nut etc. etc.) and build wise it's great. IMO, I would get that since it's easily in budget and with leftover cash you can begin upgrading already!

To other users, don't bother recommending LTD or ESP because in Europe, LTD / ESP is so extortionately priced that it's just silly.

Sorry to change the subject of the thread a little but what kind of stuff would you recommend upgrading on it? I have no intention of doing it anytime soon as im totally happy with it, im just a newb and was wondering what kind of things you could do to make it better
Quote by lwayneio
Sorry to change the subject of the thread a little but what kind of stuff would you recommend upgrading on it? I have no intention of doing it anytime soon as im totally happy with it, im just a newb and was wondering what kind of things you could do to make it better

First and most obvious upgrade would be the pickups.
With the RG321 you get a guitar with good wood and decent pickups. If you spend an additional 200€, you can get professional pickups (Seymour Duncans, Dimarzios, etc.). This will transform a good sounding guitar into a fantastic sounding one.

If you are willing to spend some more, you can get locking tuners (about 60/70&euro for better tuning stability, though the standard tuners aren't bad to begin with.
Finally, you can get strap locks, so the cort won't come off to easily.

You COULD as well change the rest of the electronics in your guitar (new wiring, potis, maybe new jack), but that's not really necessary because the guitars standard electronics are excellent anyway.
A guitar only for the summer??????
god... you've got to much money
cool, didnt realise you can change a guitar so much, i guess its kinda like upgrading a pc with new graphics card lol. (I'm a computer guy) Wont be doing that anytime soon but its nice to know.
Quote by mafropetee
An LTD H-500 with Duncans would do well. But just out of curiosity, why no set necks?

It's because I'm most likely gonna order the guitar, because prices kinda suck here in Finland (except rg321 ). I've once ordered a set/glued neck guitar from and the glue job was the worst ive ever had. The neck didn't fall off but the sustain sucked soooooooo bad
My Gear

Guitar(s):
Yamaha ERG-121

Amp(s):

Do NOT click!!!
Quote by JvL
A guitar only for the summer??????
god... you've got to much money

I dunno if that was only a joke, but I'm gonna buy the guitar before the summer, but i might play it for the next 20years.
My Gear

Guitar(s):
Yamaha ERG-121

Amp(s):

Do NOT click!!!