Page 1 of 2
peacocking is dressing yourself in extreme clothing to either show off or get conversations going with people you don't know.

Peacock clothing can be something like fake watches, robes, (oversized) hats, strange glasses, signs around your neck, chains, rings , etc etc.

I've recently found out that wearing a cowboy hat in a club gets you laughs, pictures with hot girls and conversations started. I'm willing to experiment a little with wearing unusual clothing and/or accesories when I go out, for my own pleasure and at expense of my reputation

My question is: If you go out , do you wear any peacock-clothing and do you have some good suggestions on what to buy to make a fool out of myself?
erm...

brand a girls name into your forehead, that'll start some nice conversations.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
yes i have and it is what total fuckwads do.
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
Someone's read The Game

Get one of those LED belt buckles that display messages you want, they're awesome.

Try and find Mystery's furry hat
Celtic FootballClub1888
I wear a Tribly hat all the time, mostly cause I like it, but also because a lot of people tend to pinch it and wear it themselves. It helps to make me look friendly.
sig goes here
Quote by muzz666
Someone's read The Game

Get one of those LED belt buckles that display messages you want, they're awesome.

Try and find Mystery's furry hat

Nice to meet another person who is interested in this so called 'subculture'
I was thinking about those LED buckles that you can program.. any ideas where to search?
Quote by thenephilim
anyone else think Dave Navarro's compensating for something...?

Obviously not... Isn't he with Carmen Electra?

Anyways, when I'm out when I'm real blazed or rolling I wear my John Lennon sunglasses. People always compliment me on them then flip out when they see my eyes under them...
Quote by RIM99
Obviously not... Isn't he with Carmen Electra?

correction: wasn't

and I believe it was her who filed for divorce...
Quote by thenephilim
correction: wasn't

and I believe it was her who filed for divorce...

Oooooh, check... But still, come on, that still might not be his fault. Do you really think there is any tread left on the tires? Or is it more like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
Quote by Consort BV

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Ever heard of the Cleveland Steamer

Yeah i wore hat in a club before and everyone was like "OMFG hat"
Lulz, I thought this thread was about sex
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Consort BV
Peacock clothing can be something like fake watches, robes, (oversized) hats, strange glasses, signs around your neck, chains, rings , etc etc.

so...like this guy?

What a ridiculous hat. Do you really have to go that far out? It's called "not looking like everyone else.''

I have a dry-erase board belt-buckle.
Last edited by pratt121 at Apr 23, 2008,
this would give some looks when you program it with something like: "I like beer" or "look up"

NEON COLOURS
I don't actually wear neon colours.
It's fun to wear something a bit outrageous.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
NEON COLOURS
I don't actually wear neon colours.
It's fun to wear something a bit outrageous.

You mean you Essex girls actually wear clothes?
News to me...

*flee's*
I do it a little sometimes, but nothing too eccentric, and generally as much because I like the clothing as to get conversations going.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
It just seems all too "Hey, look at me, my looks won't turn your head but my fabulous getup sure will!" It's really just a conversation piece.

I sometimes wear sunglasses to the bars, don't ask why. But girls will just come up to me, take them off my face, and put them on, and I probably wouldn't have met her otherwise... but I don't do it for the purpose of meeting girls, I do it because I'm drunk and I think it's funny.
I am somewhat relieved to discover that peacocking is not in the same class of -ing words as felching.
Quote by pratt121
It just seems all too "Hey, look at me, my looks won't turn your head but my fabulous getup sure will!"

Well we can't all be as beautiful as you...

But really, what's wrong with wearing nice clothes?
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in

Well, first, I consider myself to be average... it's more about the vibe you lay down than what you look like.

Secondly, I'm not talking about dressing nice, that's all well and good. I just mean putting on clothes for the express purpose of getting a girl to talk to you... like, that guy Mystery, he's a douche. He wears makeup.
Quote by pratt121
Well, first, I consider myself to be average... it's more about the vibe you lay down than what you look like.

It was a joke...

Quote by pratt121

Secondly, I'm not talking about dressing nice, that's all well and good. I just mean putting on clothes for the express purpose of getting a girl to talk to you... like, that guy Mystery, he's a douche. He wears makeup.

There are worse things people can do. Although I agree that it's a bit shallow just to wear clothes for the express purpose of getting laid, I don't see how it's any different to making conversation about something else. If people need an artificial personality rather than a real one, let them use clothes for that.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in

well I find peacocking more of a way to convey my personality, when you dress like you're the life of the party and have the body language to go with that image, you WILL be the party.

Quote by pratt121

It just seems all too "Hey, look at me, my looks won't turn your head but my fabulous getup sure will!"

I see your point there have to agree, though when you're a fugly and shy bastard sitting alone at a bar, I could safely say you'll get more blown off by chicks carrying a pimp cane than a 'normal' to handsome person with the same item , who can bring it forward in a conversation and with this you can be interesting, since you are different . Agree?
Quote by frankv
I once wore really big plastic pink sunglasses to a birthday party (the theme was bling). All the guys called me gay and the girls thought it was awesome.

Classic case of "I can't take it that this guy is getting more attention than me.. lets say to everyone he's gay, maybe that'll show him"
Quote by Consort BV
I see your point there have to agree, though when you're a fugly and shy bastard sitting alone at a bar, I could safely say you'll get more blown off by chicks carrying a pimp cane than a 'normal' to handsome person with the same item , who can bring it forward in a conversation and with this you can be interesting, since you are different . Agree?

I do agree, my experiences have mirrored this. However, I've also found that I can be the life of the party without some sort of ridiculous flare to my getup. Again, it's more about the vibe you give than the clothes you wear. I'd say I'm a pretty snappy dresser of late, I've also gained weight and muscle (I was previously ethiopian skinny) and it's been really, really easy to get girls. But I think it's also because I'm more confident in myself... I'm willing to come out of my shell more. But seriously all you have to do is act like you're far better than the girl and she'll start to believe it. But you have to drop that act before long, it's good to get them intrigued, but if you don't have a personality or humor you're not going anywhere.

So now, I'm just a loud type-A person when I drink. And I make everything sexual.

Example... some girl was telling me about how she just met her friend's new boyfriend, or some ****, and I was like "That's weird, cause I think I might have just met my future ex-girlfriend." And guess what! That actually is what happened.
Quote by Consort BV
Classic case of "I can't take it that this guy is getting more attention than me.. lets say to everyone he's gay, maybe that'll show him"

Well, they actually were kinda gay... I also bitch slapped a guy that night. Whatever, it was a fun night.
Quote by pratt121
I do agree, my experiences have mirrored this. However, I've also found that I can be the life of the party without some sort of ridiculous flare to my getup. Again, it's more about the vibe you give than the clothes you wear. I'd say I'm a pretty snappy dresser of late, I've also gained weight and muscle (I was previously ethiopian skinny) and it's been really, really easy to get girls. But I think it's also because I'm more confident in myself... I'm willing to come out of my shell more. But seriously all you have to do is act like you're far better than the girl and she'll start to believe it. But you have to drop that act before long, it's good to get them intrigued, but if you don't have a personality or humor you're not going anywhere.

So now, I'm just a loud type-A person when I drink. And I make everything sexual.

Example... some girl was telling me about how she just met her friend's new boyfriend, or some ****, and I was like "That's weird, cause I think I might have just met my future ex-girlfriend." And guess what! That actually is what happened.

How are you less shallow than people who dress to "impress"?"
Quote by frankv

How are you less shallow than people who dress to "impress"?"

Agreed, you come off as more of an asshole than the people who peacock in that story.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Agreed, you come off as more of an asshole than the people who peacock in that story.

Because I'm able to use force of personality to get girls to talk to me rather than a huge-ass hat and eyeliner?

And I said that it's not good to keep up the overly cocky/humourous thing for very long because they are smart enough to catch on and if you don't have the substance going, you're not going to get anything fulfilling out of it. I don't do what I do to sleep around with girls, I'm way past that stage, I do it because that's what you do when you're single.. play the field, find a girl you like, and try to take her out. I haven't had a "random hookup" in more than a year.

And it's not that I changed my personality, it's just that I started to actually show it. Some feathery clothing does not instantly lend you personality, that's just being an attention *****. If you're a snappy dresser and you take showers regularly, you should be able to land a girl who's right for you regardless of your weight, height, appearance, whatever, as long as you have a good personality and you're not afraid to show it. Most people who are afraid to show it, they get this whole "nice guy" thing going, and they suddenly have a superiority complex, they believe that anyone who goes out of their way to get a girl is a douchebag and that they're actually nice and respectful enough to NOT get laid. That's denial. And it turns you into a bitter, mean person.

So my position is somewhere in the middle: feathery clothing, like that in the example in the first post, is ridiculous. Nobody would ever wear that crap, it's just because it's a conversation piece. Those guys would probably get the girls they wanted anyway, let's be honest, but they do that **** for the express purpose to get girls and I think that's a bit extreme. But it's also crappy to have that, "Whatever, I'm too much of a good guy" superiority complex and believe that anyone who does something extra as far as effort to get girls is a douche. I don't care if you wear a hat, sunglasses, do your hair funny, dress all snappy, whatever, that's all you man. But I'm going to call you a loser if you show up dressed like a pimp, because I actually DO know real pimps, and a pimp you isn't. There's definitely more than one way to get a girl, and I'd rather do it my way, is all I'm saying, rather than have to spend a buncha money on all the purple bull****.

And yes, I worked on my appearance because I wasn't ****ing happy with it. I wasn't confident, not only with girls but with everything. I look my age now, it's a nice feeling professionally and personally.
Last edited by pratt121 at Apr 23, 2008,
I wear neon clubwear sometimes on any regular day but I don't do it for attention, I enjoy the fashion....
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Page 1 of 2