I have an Ibanez RG-270 that I either need to replace the bridge humbuckler p/u or just replace the guitar itself.
Playing through a tube amp (Fender Super Champ) the bridge pick-up is noticeably quieter and not as crisp as the others. The height and wiring is good, it seems to be a bad pick-up.
The problem is I'm currently on a tight budget, so I have no more than $150 to replace the one pick-up or sell and buy an new guitar.
Any suggestions on a pick-up in that price range that will compliment the other stock pick-ups for the time being?
did you check the pick up height, maybe rising it would solve the problem. And it doesn't cost a hole lot, just a screwdriver
did you check the pick up height, maybe rising it would solve the problem. And it doesn't cost a hole lot, just a screwdriver

I checked both height and wiring connections.
Then if your dead set on replacing it, a seymour duncan or a dimarzo pickup.
For models, it depends on what tone you're aiming. And most pick ups fits your budget.

Again it might be a set up problem. Any guitar store could help you check it out and it alot cheaper than the replacement.

As for a new guitar.... 150 might not get you very far.
Try an EMG 81. You will notice a big improvement in clarity, noise, and attack. You can get it installed for $150, and from what I hear you CAN install an active pickup with the passsive ones already in your guitar.
Quote by vbshredder
Try an EMG 81. You will notice a big improvement in clarity, noise, and attack. You can get it installed for $150, and from what I hear you CAN install an active pickup with the passsive ones already in your guitar.

It'd be way to much of a ballache with the RG's switching....even if it could be done the volume differential would be a pain in the arse.

The Dimarzio Norton is a great all-round pickup that suits basswood guitars. If you want something a bit warmer and fatter there's the Breed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com