Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I get cramps when I go after so I'm wondering if it's the other way around...
Quote by ottoavist

Quote by freshtunes

eat a banana or two.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
2 hours after you eat.

+1 2-3 hours after you eat

i usualy go before dinner...
if youl go right after dinner the food is gonna get back up after 2 or 3 minutes...
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
If you're trying to burn fat......

Interval training is superior.
I usually eat 1/3 cup of rice and a small tuna wrap before hitting the gym. I lift for about 45 mins, abs for 15, then 15 mins of interval training

1 min at a walk.......30 seconds at a flat out jog.........repeat for 15-20 minutes
www.ebaumsworld.com

check out garrison acoustic guitars
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']If you want to lose weight, jog in the mornings, come home, drink water for an hour and then eat breakfast.
^ Make sure you drink plenty of water. A lot of people don't realise it's key to loosing weight.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
You are less likely to throw up if you go before, but like the man above says, two hours after youve eaten is best, because otherwise you're basically using energy you dont have.
you need to wait atleast 2 hours after eating a meal to do exercise because during that time all the blood is going to your stomach to digest your food.
or before dinner
Before, after dinner your body is occupied with digesting the stuff you ate. Depending on the food, you should jog 2 to 5 hours after dinner.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
jogginag is gay..... swimming and weights
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Depends on what your body is like. I used to go for 20-25 mile runs at 5 a.m without eating anything or having a single drop of water.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Drinking water helps cramp

If you divert blood away from digesting you will just feel sick while running.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Anyone who had ever ran seriously would tell you before.
After, in an understatement, is not a great experience.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
either way it dont matter

if after, make sure its more than 1 hour after, unless u eat reallly light, cause as mention, you'll probably cramp up

if before make sure u eat(something with protein or have a protein shake) within 30 minutes of running so that ur muscles can absorb the protein and will develope faster

woooooo

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Quote by darkstar2466
Depends on what your body is like. I used to go for 20-25 mile runs at 5 a.m without eating anything or having a single drop of water.

ummm, the london marathon is just over that? are you like some kind of superhuman
Quote by deafening

if before make sure u eat(something with protein or have a protein shake) within 30 minutes of running so that ur muscles can absorb the protein and will develope faster

woooooo

Actually if you run without eating before, your body keeps burning fat for around an hour after the jog, assuming the jog was at least 45 minutes. Just drink water for that time.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
well idk exactly im no expert, but just make sure u eat something relatively soon after working out or running

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
^I don't know about the fat part, but energy drinks were made to replace eating before a jog. They give ya all the glucose you need for that time, and thus here is your solution.
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by andyscoot
ummm, the london marathon is just over that? are you like some kind of superhuman

All marathons are 26.2 miles. I've run a few. You need to do those 20-25 mile runs for marathon training.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
All marathons are 26.2 miles. I've run a few. You need to do those 20-25 mile runs for marathon training.

Yeah... but I don't think he wants to run for a whole day or until he dies.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Quote by freshtunes

only women get cramps
Quote by Punks|Not|Dead
A lot of people don't realise it's key to loosing weight.

in case it's too tight...
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Quote by sleepwalker16
^I don't know about the fat part, but energy drinks were made to replace eating before a jog. They give ya all the glucose you need for that time, and thus here is your solution.

wrong
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Quote by Nikklaus
Yeah... but I don't think he wants to run for a whole day or until he dies.

20 miles aren't even close to an whole day.
Less then 6 hours in calm walking.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by sleepwalker16

Energy drinks like Monster, Red Bull, etc, are designed to keep obese shut-ins awake in their chair long enough to finish their Molten Core run in World of Warcraft.

My running schedule has less to do with food and more to do with temperature outside. I wake up at 7am, drink a bit o' gatorade or something, go for a little run, then come back and make breakfast. By noon it's too hot to run, and I don't like running at night cause I live in the city and I work evenings, so it's unsafe and I'm usually already tired as hell.
Quote by BassistGal
20 miles aren't even close to an whole day.
Less then 6 hours in calm walking.

Yeah well you're from Israel so you have to run days on end just for water. 20 miles to a Yank trying to lose weight would take atleast 4 weeks.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Quote by Nikklaus
Yeah well you're from Israel so you have to run days on end just for water. 20 miles to a Yank trying to lose weight would take atleast 4 weeks.

Ben Hamelech
Before. You can't have all that food jiggling 'round your stomach
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
lol... yes, some Americans don't seem to care for the whole active lifestyle thing.

See the kid above who said energy drinks are for working out.. eeyeah.
Ok listen.........You need carbs throughout the day. A very small serving of carbs ~ 1/3 cup of brown rice and some protein ~ 1/2 can of tuna is great before a workout. Its better to lift weights before running cause then your heart rate will be elevated a bit before the run. Long winded runs won't burn as much fat as interval training......trust me, i know from experience. It's more important to get your heart rate up. As i've said before....1:30 at a moderate pace and then 30 seconds of flat out sprinting for 15-20 minutes is a hell of alot better than running 10k at a slower pace. This is because it will aid in muscle growth by activating your fast twitch fibers during the sprints, as well as elevating your heart rate much more. Water is essential for losing weight, I recommend at least 2L throughout the day. Green tea is also an excellent addition as it will boost your metabolism and digestion. I usually have a cup with every meal. Fish oil is also another excellent supplement as it will help to mobilize fat. I recommend taking ~ 5-10 capsules a day during a cutting phase.
www.ebaumsworld.com

I have already lost about 60 pounds. I'm just looking to tone up a bit more, and stay healthy. And yes, I already lift. In the morning I have a protein shake, turkey sandwich+veggies for lunch, and then dinner which is usually meat/chicken+ a small side of starches+veggies.

Edit: I drink water all day, and will sometimes have tea at night. Also, fish oil capsules I take daily.
Quote by ottoavist

Quote by pete1529
Ok listen.........You need carbs throughout the day. A very small serving of carbs ~ 1/3 cup of brown rice and some protein ~ 1/2 can of tuna is great before a workout. Its better to lift weights before running cause then your heart rate will be elevated a bit before the run. Long winded runs won't burn as much fat as interval training......trust me, i know from experience. It's more important to get your heart rate up. As i've said before....1:30 at a moderate pace and then 30 seconds of flat out sprinting for 15-20 minutes is a hell of alot better than running 10k at a slower pace. This is because it will aid in muscle growth by activating your fast twitch fibers during the sprints, as well as elevating your heart rate much more. Water is essential for losing weight, I recommend at least 2L throughout the day. Green tea is also an excellent addition as it will boost your metabolism and digestion. I usually have a cup with every meal. Fish oil is also another excellent supplement as it will help to mobilize fat. I recommend taking ~ 5-10 capsules a day during a cutting phase.

This.
you should eat between 6-7 small meals a day. If you wanna tone up.......more lifting obviously, you will lose more fat with a greater percentage of muscle due to an elevated BMR. You wanna keep your protein intake high and your carb intake moderate........but yes you need carbs. I recommend 1/2 cup of dry oats in the morning, and about a cup of cooked brown rice and a couple pieces of a fruit a day. Carbs are essential ~1-1.5 hrs after a workout. With regards to lifting, Squats, deadlifts, benchpress, pullups and rows (not machine) are your best bets. They're compound exercises which target multiple muscle groups and will help out alot more than say bicep curls or leg lifts.
www.ebaumsworld.com

before breakfast.
i've heard it gives your metabolism a kick.
Of course I'm too lazy to go jogging at any time. I don't like it.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.