Last weekend I was in GC testing out some new pedals. I wasn't necessarily interested in the demo guitar, a epiphone LP standard plus, but decided to jam around on it since it was hung up right next to the display pedals.

I've owned a gibson SG standard and played many entry level les pauls but i wasn't satisfied with the product I was getting for the cash I was shelling out.

Here's this epi LP, and the second I pick it up it has the immediate "feel" to it; the kind of swag that makes the adrenaline flow through your fingers.

This was the first time I even picked up an epiphone, I automatically assumed them to be second rate and shabby. I coudln't understand how this guitar had 10x the quality of any studio Gibson.

Rosewood is a popular material for Gibson, but I was unable to comprehend why the epi felt so smooth and the SG i owned felt like gritty sandpaper.

So my question is: what the hell is going on?? Epiphone is kicking entry level gibson ass right now!
Quote by d_herm56
So my question is: what the hell is going on?? Epiphone is kicking entry level gibson ass right now!

They have been for a few years now.
Gibson Standard/Custom (not Custom Shop) models are often beaten by Epiphone on many occassions.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Oh, if we're including Elitist models, they completely ruin Gibson altogether.
Possibly the best guitars on the market at the price you pay.
Pure craftsmenship.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do