anyone know if its worth the extra money compared to the Ltd ec-1000 and do they really feel and play any differently?
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I had a choice of either and went with the EC-1000. It wasn't worth the extra money IMO.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I've had a look at the Eclipse and the thing that putting me off it the 22 frets and it doesn't have a cutaway for better fret access.
before people say I can't go try one out anywhere near where I live would have to travel really! far

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
An ESP is Japanese quality made with properly aged wood meeting superior standards. Anything ESP is going to blow the balls of an LTD. I never buy anything Korean, Chinese, or Indonesian. The guitars from those countries seem allright for awhile but tend to cause problems which can't be easily corrected...then you're left with a crappy playing guitar. I'd avoid it all and get a USA made Jackson, those are killer.
see I'm thinking at the moment of selling my Ltd ec-1000 and using the money to get the Eclipse but I'm undecided hence the thread....
I have thought of a soloist as I really like Jackson's, the feel and so on, I like the body shape of the Eclipse better then the soloist and I know that I like the feel of ESP's

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Apr 23, 2008,
Quote by Kenster13
i doubt there would be that huge of a difference considering they are very similar. but i dont know

a standard eclipse II is about $1500 where an ec-1000 is about $850.
but what about this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-Eclipse-II-Flame-Maple-Vintage-Honey-Burst-Electric-Guitar?sku=515957
has anyone played one of these
a special version eclipse ii for $999

The one at Music123 has an option of either EMG or Duncan pickups (while the one at MF only has Duncans), and it's still $999 for either. That's one hell of a deal if you ask me. TS, there won't be much difference as far as playability and sound, but with the ESP you're paying for the name and the quality that goes into them. They are made in their main factory in Japan. I forget if they are mass produced or handmade though. I'm pretty sure they're handmade, but don't quote me on that. The LTD is mass produced in a factory in Korea, and the quality control and attention to detail, as well as overall quality of woods and hardware and all that will be a bit lower. Both of them are worth the price IMO, it's just a matter of which one you can afford and if you see the sacrifice of the 23rd and 24th frets, ESP logo on the headstock, and higher standard of quality as worth the extra cost.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't know you already had the EC-1000. In that case, I would just keep it. It's aready an amazing guitar.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Last edited by mafropetee at Apr 23, 2008,
Quote by mayja2
An ESP is Japanese quality made with properly aged wood meeting superior standards. Anything ESP is going to blow the balls of an LTD. I never buy anything Korean, Chinese, or Indonesian. The guitars from those countries seem allright for awhile but tend to cause problems which can't be easily corrected...then you're left with a crappy playing guitar. I'd avoid it all and get a USA made Jackson, those are killer.

that pretty much sums it up. its way better quality. but if its just for bedroom play you may not care.
Seems to be a lot of ESP??? Threads lately...

Anyhow:

I just picked this sucka up about a week ago.

I considered the EC 1000, but I couldnt stand the abalone binding. The only version that didnt have it was antique black, but it had gold hardware. Couldnt stand that either....
The Eclipse has locking tuners, and IMO had a better build quality. I played each for about an hour and the Eclipse just felt better to me. EC-1000 felt like a toy (and kinda looked like it) Not sure if the $500 difference is worth it to you. Oh, I got mine for $200 off plus half price on the case.
Id say go with the ESP. If youre gigging, itll be an all around better guitar.

After I get another 7 string I want an ECII in snow white.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
yeah I'm gigging, the snow white is the one I've been eying up.

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
If you've got the money i say go for it, they are beautiful and sound great, saying that it won't be a HUGE difference over the Ec - 1000 you already have.
To me, the Eclipse felt much, much better than the Ltd EC-1000. But it's your choice, not, mine (or it is, as I was thinking the same, I decided the Eclipse would be better. Now I'm looking at other guitars too, but if I don't find one I like better than the Eclipse I will buy one soon.)
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by sepultura alma
I've had a look at the Eclipse and the thing that putting me off it the 22 frets and it doesn't have a cutaway for better fret access.

Doesn't have a cutaway? What are you talking about...?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Doesn't have a cutaway? What are you talking about...?

Yeah, I thought the same thing but didnt bother....
on the back of some guitars, where the neck joins the body there is like a bit of wood cut out to provide better fret access

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A

you can see it on this pic of a ec-1000

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
I don't think the lack of a cutaway would be a problem. If you can stand the upper fret access of that RR24, then the Eclipse II will be a piece of cake.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
^I don't think that looks useful at all. I can't see myself twisting my hand into a position where that gouge would come in handy. If it was on the top, then I'd see your point, but not like that. Besides, that's not quite what I think of when I say 'cutaway'.
Quote by Pikka Bird
^I don't think that looks useful at all. I can't see myself twisting my hand into a position where that gouge would come in handy. If it was on the top, then I'd see your point, but not like that. Besides, that's not quite what I think of when I say 'cutaway'.

Hmm. I didnt take notice of that little notch during my comparisons. Anyhow, yeah, if it was on the front of the guitar then that would be awesome. But, I guess if you move your guitar kinda pointing straight then that little cutout could come in handy.

Meh. I'll still take the handmade quality over LTD assembly line quality.
The Eclipse is definately the way to go, i second what homer said, i thought the Eclipse felt way better than the 1000 and i played them side by side
My Gear

-ESP Eclipse II Snow White
-Gibson Flying V (White with black hardware, EMG 81's, black diamondplate pickguard)
-LTD Truckster
-Peavey XXX head, Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Traditional Cab