are no guitar shops in my area that have Laney
amps, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can about it
before I order it. One question aswell

Since it doesn't have a standby switch, instead of :

standby> leave a few minutes> on

would it be

on> leave a few minutes> play

to let the tubes warm up a bit?
Good amp for the money for sure, plenty versatile, good sound from it, only problem is the speakers crap and the LCs generally dont like being cranked.

As for standby most would say its not really important, especially for such a low wattage little amp, i half ass mine now, basically, just turn it on, leave the volume right down for about 15-30 seconds turn up and play.
Quote by beckyjc
Good amp for the money for sure, plenty versatile, good sound from it, only problem is the speakers crap and the LCs generally dont like being cranked.

As for standby most would say its not really important, especially for such a low wattage little amp, i half ass mine now, basically, just turn it on, leave the volume right down for about 15-30 seconds turn up and play.

How much do you think you'd have to turn it up before it starts to sound crappy?
Well, they get brittle and harsh sounding, like theyre about to fall apart. I wouldnnt like to crank to ten, maybe around the verge of breaking up, bout 6/7 is where id draw the limit, but even then thatd probably easilly get you over drums, however ive only ever cranked the LC30. So I cant relate much. But the smaller speaker and boxy chase dont help much. I wouldnt say its not much of a gig friendly amp. Unless were talking small pub gigs or being miced up.
Quote by beckyjc
Well, they get brittle and harsh sounding, like theyre about to fall apart. I wouldnnt like to crank to ten, maybe around the verge of breaking up, bout 6/7 is where id draw the limit, but even then thatd probably easilly get you over drums, however ive only ever cranked the LC30. So I cant relate much. But the smaller speaker and boxy chase dont help much. I wouldnt say its not much of a gig friendly amp. Unless were talking small pub gigs or being miced up.

I dont think I'll be playing any gigs very soon, the loudest I'll probably need it is for band practice.
i'd rather have a vc15.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?