Which country makes the best noises you decide. I think Britain name the top 10 most famous bands of all time and they will be mostly British.
US, I mean, RHCP, Foo Fighters, RATM, rise against etc..
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
hmm, well we have queen and beatles..........but US has Metallica and gun's N' Roses (although Slash is english)
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
well, it depends. in my opinion:

USA:
RHCP
Jimi Hendrix
Guns n' Roses

UK
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Jam

there are many others but i cant think of them, please feel free to add to my little list
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Id say US but then again im a metalhead and am not a fan at all of much british music considering the US has metal.
Although many good deathmetal comes from other countries.
How about we expand this a bit.

Who has better tunes.
The eastern or western hemispheres.
Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, The Who, Cream, The Eagles, Motorhead, Manic Street Preachers, Thin Lizzy (if you count them as UK). Not to mention a certain chap named Slash is from the UK also. So I think the UK has to win this personally.

EDIT: Oh yeh forgot about Queen for a second there.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Last edited by SurfinWithSatch at Apr 23, 2008,
UK has/had Muse, Radiohead, Queen, Zeppelin, The Beatles, british invasion etc

but i gotta go with US
Now do you believe in rock and roll?

Can music save your mortal soul?
Quote by zepto
Australia, cause of AC/DC

rofl
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
I don't really know either.....U.S. has GN'R and Van Halen A7X (I think)........but then UK has Ozzy.....who is the KING of metal......and the beatles......who Changed the world......and Def Leppard......who are just good......hard to say
Quote by MattCbassist
America has the bands.....England have the legends

ok not as simple as that but still, England still win

Yeah.....i have to agree....OZZY....The Beatles....Def Leppard......don't get better
Quote by thedudemeister
well, it depends. in my opinion:

USA:
RHCP
Jimi Hendrix
Guns n' Roses

there are many others but i cant think of them, please feel free to add to my little list

yes, jimi hendrix is american as are guns n roses BUT Jimi didnt get 'discovered' and signed to a record label until he came to england and slash was born here aswell so... i dunno they both have their legends. most of them have already been covered but lets not forget the grateful dead are also from the states.
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, The Who, Cream, The Eagles, Motorhead, Manic Street Preachers, Thin Lizzy (if you count them as UK). Not to mention a certain chap named Slash is from the UK also. So I think the UK has to win this personally.

EDIT: Oh yeh forgot about Queen for a second there.

the eagles are american.
Quote by bbbbrooks1
I don't really know either.....U.S. has GN'R and Van Halen A7X (I think)........but then UK has Ozzy.....who is the KING of metal......and the beatles......who Changed the world......and Def Leppard......who are just good......hard to say

Van Halen are technically dutch, yeah they were formed in america but eddie and alex were both born in holland. metal was born in england and theres no denying that.
UK pwns, imo. There are just too many legends to count. Led Zep, U2 (irish but we don't give a ****), Radiohead, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Clapton, The Who, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, AC/DC are scots, David Bowie, Jethro Tull, The Yardbirds, Pink Floyd, John Mayall, Queen...

If that's not enough...
So many jerks, so few bullets