I bought a 3 tone sunburst American highway one stratocaster off ebay. When i won it, i thought it was a American Standard(errrr) The paint on the guitar is dull as on every highway one. So i was wondering if instead of reselling it, i was wondering if there is really any difference between the American standard and the Highway One. Becasue if it's just the paint then can i bring it to someone to finish in with like a gloss?? But if there is a difference, then i will just resell it. Thanks!

I really need your help!!
I think you'd get more help in Electric Guitar.

I don't really know the answer.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I've read that you can buff out the finish on a HY1. Remember tho, the finish isn't that thick so be careful.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
my hw1 is a flat finish 3 color sunburst as well but where my arm rest on the cutaway is very shiny now after very litte use so im thinking about buffing the whole guitar to a gloss
So all i need to do is buff the guitar and then put gloss on it and i will basically have the body i want???
^^pretty much, and imo you dd be better off with that bufffed out than a standard because the hy1 has a nitrocellulose finish where as the american standard has a polyurathane finish. i liked mine more than pretty much all the standards i ve played
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
Quote by zaffie8808
Anyone??

dude you waited 9 ****ing minutes. This is a forum not a chat room.

IMO the dull finish is great. Maybe keep for a while to see if it grows on you. You don't wanna mess up a guitar like that.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
iv'e had a hiway1 tele for about six months now, and iv'e found the same thing to happens where i rest my arm, the oil from my skin and light amounts of movemant seemed to have brought i nice gloss to the area.
so all i can suggest is a very fine buffing compound with a soft cloth of some descripton. even some sort of wax perhaps?
But no one has answered my last question. Would a deluxe players neck be good with the highway one body? I think it will look and sound very nice.
TO TS,

STOP SPAMMING!

and Double Posting.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Thread Starter, YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT IT TAKES TIME FOR PEOPLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.

Yeah sure that neck would be fine, but you know what other neck would be fine? THE ONE THAT'S ON THE GUITAR NOW.

You already made another thread about replacing all the electronics and the pick guard... Why the hell did you buy this guitar if you're just gonna completely change it? Why not buy parts and make your own?

Sorry if it seems like I'm kind of reaming you here, but new members need to know these things. I try not to be mean (but I am anyway.... sorry) So no hard feelings.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.