right guys... as I am not very experienced with amps... im asking YOU (be flattered) about amps..

basically im looking for a Marshall under £400

I play Rock and Blues and some metal..
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
well you will probably be looking at used combos over there. I have no idea what marshalls cost in your neck of the woods. i would maybe check out dsl401, jcm 800 combo, 900 combo, bluesbreaker
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Where will you be playing it? Gigs, bedroom, recording?

Also, what is it you like about Marshall? Do you have previous experience with them (tell us which model), is it their reputation, or is it the sound (elaborate on this one)?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Don't go for a Marshall just because it's a Marshall. Until you get to the more expensive ones, they're all terrible value for money (a bit like Gibsons).

Try out a Laney VC, Traynor, Ashdown FA40, Peavey Classic 30 ...
Quote by Sid McCall
Where will you be playing it? Gigs, bedroom, recording?

Also, what is it you like about Marshall? Do you have previous experience with them (tell us which model), is it their reputation, or is it the sound (elaborate on this one)?

well I played on a Marshall before... I THINK it was the JVM410H... and I liked it a lot.. it had a nice warm clean sound and an awesome distortion sound..

so well i thought maybe other amps would have the same effect (obviously not that good).

i'll be playing using it at home in my bedroom and in gigs.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Last edited by Oblivion_Rps at Apr 23, 2008,
Many other amps will do what the JVM does, but much better.

Look into the Laney VC and LC series and Peavey amps.
Crate palomino with greenback speakers. Sounds just like a marshall.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
Quote by stephen_rettie
cant get in UK

AH my bad sorry man.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!