Page 1 of 6
i'm quite a fan of mmj.... i really wish to experience them live someday.

lately i've been digging the bear and mageetah a lot.

the new album i think should be spectacular, i can't wait.
Sooooo are you ready to gooooo, my lay-day.

Good schtuff.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
One of my favorite bands. Can't wait for Evil Urges.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I'm going to be seeing them at Bonnaroo this year. Right after they release their new album! i can't wait they rule the world live.
I have the new album. I have to say I'm not a big fan of it thus far. Little too electronic sounding for me, and Jim's voice on it leave's me alot to be desired. I like Z and just about every tune on Okonokos, and when I heard the direction they were goin in, I kinda cringed. Just about every bad thought I had came true. There are some real cool more rockin soundin parts. They just don't last too long.

All in all, I was greatly disappointed, as it's the first album of theirs to come out, since I became a fan
Quote by MAYNARD
I have the new album. I have to say I'm not a big fan of it thus far. Little too electronic sounding for me, and Jim's voice on it leave's me alot to be desired. I like Z and just about every tune on Okonokos, and when I heard the direction they were goin in, I kinda cringed. Just about every bad thought I had came true. There are some real cool more rockin soundin parts. They just don't last too long.

All in all, I was greatly disappointed, as it's the first album of theirs to come out, since I became a fan

Are you talking about Evil Urges, or the last album before it?
Quote by frankv
Are you talking about Evil Urges, or the last album before it?

Evil Urges
Quote by frankv
You've probably got a premature leak or something. Maybe they're not done mixing yet.

It's the finished product, for sure, unless they call a do over. I actually hope thats the case.
where did you get the leak? i can't wait to hear it.

I have tickets to see them at Waterfront Park here in Louisville. I got them early because i was worried that they'd sell out since MMJ is from louisville. my friend told me that they were gonna do a 3 hr show and they kick ass live. the concert is in august though
Quote by jim morrison714
where did you get the leak? i can't wait to hear it.

I have tickets to see them at Waterfront Park here in Louisville. I got them early because i was worried that they'd sell out since MMJ is from louisville. my friend told me that they were gonna do a 3 hr show and they kick ass live. the concert is in august though

You were damn lucky. Their show at Radio City Music Hall sold out in 16 minutes.
After a few more listens, I am really startin to dig on it. Since I wanna see em live, eventually, I decided, to give another listen or to. There is alot more to like, than I initially thought.

Although, I wish they would ditch the all out sad country song type tunes, but there is only one that really got to me, b/c of that style.

I gotta say, on first listen, I thought it was horrible, but I like every song a bit more every time I listen to them.
Quote by MAYNARD

Although, I wish they would ditch the all out sad country song type tunes, but there is only one that really got to me, b/c of that style.

Those are some of my favorite MMJ songs..."I Will Be There When You Die" is so perfect.
I'm definitely going to buy it. I don't enjoy downloading music, because even though it's free I have an obsession with physically owning the album. It doesn't have anything to do with the money because the band itself gets jack-****.

I'm highly anticipating a tour. The dates in the U.S. are quite limited at the moment, and Radio City is already sold at. Hopefully after they return from Europe those of us in the States can expect a plethora of shows in the fall or winter.
3 more days until Evil Urges.

I've been listening to The Tennessee Fire a lot. It's such a great album.
I just got Evil Urges and it's great. I'm having a hard time deciding whether I like that or Z better. Z flows better as an album, plus it has Gideon, which never fails to give me chills due to it's beauty. But Evil Urges is more interesting in terms of have more variety and whatnot (not that Z doesn't, but Evil Urges has more). But they're both great albums by one of the most interesting and innovative bands in modern music.
friday night! 12-3 in the morning! mmj! woo! going to be huge, although i am not sure if i am going to stay for their entire set because there is so much else going on at bonnaroo that night.
Just got Evil Urges. I love the album. Like ohhey9040, I'm not sure whether I like it more than Z. Z has the beauty, Evil Urges the brawn and brashness. My favorite tracks are "Aluminum Park", "Evil Urges", "I'm Amazed", and "Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2." But, and this is coming from a huge MMJ fan, "Highly Suspicious" is an awful track.
Quote by RHCP94
Just got Evil Urges. I love the album. Like ohhey9040, I'm not sure whether I like it more than Z. Z has the beauty, Evil Urges the brawn and brashness. My favorite tracks are "Aluminum Park", "Evil Urges", "I'm Amazed", and "Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2." But, and this is coming from a huge MMJ fan, "Highly Suspicious" is an awful track.

I love "Highly Suspicious".
Quote by Love_Buzz
I love "Highly Suspicious".

After a few more listens, I think it works well as a novelty track.

Just not otherwise.
Quote by ohhey9040
^ I agree, though if you listen closely there is some extremely badass guitar work at the end.

More and more, I find myself listening to it just for Jim's high falsetto. It's kind of funny. "Peanut butter puddin' surprise"
I've actually never gotten around to checking out this band. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?
LOL
the new album kicks ass. they did a free concert for the 1st 500 people who pre-ordered the album at a local music store here in louisville. i was out of town when they went on sale , otherwise i would have gone
Really? That's really neat.

Quote by DownInAHole.
I've actually never gotten around to checking out this band. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

If you are able to find either The Tennessee Fire or At Dawn grab them, but it'll probably be easier to start with either It Stills Moves or Z, because those are more accessible albums.

Evil Urges would be easy to find as well, but I suggest starting with their earlier work (basically The Tennessee Fire, At Dawn, or It Still Moves) because you'll be able to hear how the band progresses in sound.

Also, I've had a question on my mind for a matter of weeks now after reading that Evil Urges was the first album to incorporate vocals from any member of the band except Jim James (as in backing vocals), but when I listen to Early Recordings: Chapter 1: The Sandworm Cometh, it sounds as though some of the songs are sung by someone besides James.

So does the idea of non-James vocals appearing mean specifically on studio albums such as Z, Evil Urges, et cetera, or are those Jame's vocals that I simply can't identify?
The Tennessee Fire sounds pretty cool...on my CD run Tuesday, I'll see what I come up with.

Thanks.
LOL
Quote by TheHeartbreaker

Also, I've had a question on my mind for a matter of weeks now after reading that Evil Urges was the first album to incorporate vocals from any member of the band except Jim James (as in backing vocals), but when I listen to Early Recordings: Chapter 1: The Sandworm Cometh, it sounds as though some of the songs are sung by someone besides James.

I really need to get Early Recordings: Chapter 1: The Sandworm Cometh. I've only heard "Isobella w/ the White Umbrella".
I listened to Tennessee Fire online today, and I thought it was very meh.

Z sounds like a much better album.
LOL