i would say just go with what you want really. i have had a few multi-effects processors before and im really not a big fan of them. just don't like the way the fx come out of them. somtimes they sound week, but somtimes they sound good. i still have my ART Nitro rack processor, that i love, bought back in 1995. but its cheaper to go with a multi-fx board then a few good pedals. what kinds of effects are looking for that you would use?
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
All of them lol. What about a BOSS GT 10 maybe? I for sure need an overdrive, eq, and delay.

Wow Andy, you got some neat gear!
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Apr 23, 2008,
ive had my 6262 since Jan and IMO there really is not need for an over drive pedal in front of this amp. it has more gain then you would need. i keep my lead pre-gain on about 7 and its rocking right there for medal or whatever you play. i play in Punk band in the states and this thing is my backup amp and it has alot of gain like my 5150.

but effects wise, it really just depends on what effects you want and how often you would use them. i just use a Boss super chorus, a boss delay, a MXR smart gate, and my Boss tuner.

thats another thing you need for the amp. get you a noise gate pedal, like the MXR smart gate. takes the noise out of high gain amps like the 6262 and all those other amps
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by TheEsupremacy
All of them lol. What about a BOSS GT 10 maybe? I for sure need an overdrive, eq, and delay.

Wow Andy, you got some neat gear!

thanks, i have been collecting a bit of gear over the last 12 years. i use my mesa for recording purposes. my mesa dual is one of the older rectifiers. instead of the chrome platting on the front mine is black with black knobs and mine is only a 2 channel unlike the newer 3 channel dual rectifiers. i think it sounds better. and the 5150 and 6262 is what i take on the road.

but yeah..i would just wait till you get your amp and try it out, then if you think you need a OD pedal get one. and i would just just get a delay and eq pedal. but thats just my opinion
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Yup, that's what I'm gonna do Andy. I'm going to get the Boss Ge7 EQ and one of the Boss digital delay pedals because in reality that's all I need (or would use). I don't have any need for all those effects I just saw it for $299 and it seems like a deal. Mental overkill I guess. Thanks man.
no prob.

yeah man. just rock your amp for a bit and then see what you think is missing, then fill in the gaps.

have fun with the 6262. its an awsome amp
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate