I bought a 3 tone sunburst American highway one stratocaster off ebay. When i won it, i thought it was a American Standard(errrr) The paint on the guitar is dull as on every highway one. So i was wondering if instead of reselling it, i was wondering if there is really any difference between the American standard and the Highway One. Becasue if it's just the paint then can i bring it to someone to finish in with like a gloss?? But if there is a difference, then i will just resell it. Thanks!

I really need your help!!
Its 'dull' because it's a strange mix of nitro on top I think with a poly under, it makes it really hardy, but it'll also fade with age which doesn't happen for years and years with a regular poly signal.
Quote by minibrowny
Its 'dull' because it's a strange mix of nitro on top I think with a poly under, it makes it really hardy, but it'll also fade with age which doesn't happen for years and years with a regular poly signal.

Ya, but im trying to make a american standard so is that the only difference?? Because if so i will just have a gloss finish on it. But if not the only differnce then i will resell it
buffing it out will help. go to the official fender forums - there are tons of players that are very helpful there.
That's a good thing. The wood breathes easier, and it fades over time as vintage guitars do.
High as tits
Quote by minibrowny

Its a Satin finish and it chips / flakes so so easy.........
saying that though I love my highway such a nice guitar

You could fine sand then put a nitro gloss on it? but tbh the highway finish gives it a nice resonance. And I believe thats the only difference Satin finish over gloss...
I believe some part othe construction of the highway one takes place in Mexico, but if I were you, I'd jsut keep the guitar the way it is, glossing it will probably make it look terrible, and re-selling it will probably loose you a fair amount of money. Just my two cents.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by deathbyawesome
I believe some part othe construction of the highway one takes place in Mexico, but if I were you, I'd jsut keep the guitar the way it is, glossing it will probably make it look terrible, and re-selling it will probably loose you a fair amount of money. Just my two cents.

I don't think glossing will look bad at all. It won't look any different that a standard.
O im sorry guys i meant to say i just bought the body lol. Does that ,make a difference to people's answers.

sorry

oh and im using a fender deluxe players rosewood neck.
Yea, you can put whatever electronics and hardware in it that you want. The body will be alder, the only difference will be the finish.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by roythereaper
Yea, you can put whatever electronics and hardware in it that you want. The body will be alder, the only difference will be the finish.

So thats why im putting a gloss finish to make them have no difference. That will work right??
I see no reason why it wouldn't. Unless you have absolutely no experience with modding, then human error may play a part and I make no promises it will all be cush But seriously, if it's a genuine Highway One body you shouldn't have any worries.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Quote by roythereaper
I see no reason why it wouldn't. Unless you have absolutely no experience with modding, then human error may play a part and I make no promises it will all be cush But seriously, if it's a genuine Highway One body you shouldn't have any worries.

No my dad works with wires and this kinda stuff all the time. He is very handy, so im alright on making it.
You might want to take it to the Gear Building and Customising forum for that, they'll help you through it
Call me Callum

I prefer the Highway One finish, really smooth for playing, gonna wear out soon and look awesome, doesn't get all sticky like some polys.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Would a deluxe players strat be good with this body??? And i don't think im going to gloss the body. Thanks alot for you help!!! If someone could just answer that last question, that would be great!!