Poll: Which brand? Dean or Washburn?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which brand? Dean or Washburn?
Dean
30 36%
Washburn
34 41%
Other
19 23%
Voters: 83.
Hey, I'm looking for a new guitar and I've starting to narrow it down to two brands and im not really sure which ones better... the guitar i like from washburn is the ian series WV540VASI and the ones from dean are the Razorback V two tone and the Corey Bealieu CBV... if you have any other suggestions that would be nice too.. im looking for a gloyde rose trmalo and a nice smooth fretboard thats what i like about the ian guitar because it has a carbon glass epoxy composite fretboard...
Depends what kind of music you're wanting to play

If you're wanting metal, don't think about washburn vs. dean, think more
esp/ltd vs dean
-or-
jackson vs dean
-or-
Jackson vs esp/lts vs dean
I would say Dean all the way
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Quote by razorback275
rzrbk xplosion is wht i got nd i love it

ha! nice username you got there buddy....
Washburn all the way, they make great priced high-quality stuff. Dean are overpriced and still crap.
Washburn has a few really great and inexpensive guitars, but if you can afford it, go with Dean.
Oh, and I highly advocate ESP guitars, as always.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
i play metal and the esp's i like dont really have any floyd rose's.. and i like the funky shaped guitars because i have a hard time playing regular shapes ones because the rounded edge always slides off my leg...its frustrating lol
Quote by razorback275
rzrbk xplosion is wht i got nd i love it

Your spelling makes me ashamed of owning a Dean, and soon a razorback...

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Dean are way over priced
your paying or the name more than the qulaity of the guitar butthey are ok
dunno anything bout washburn

Jackson are good quality but need to adjust for your playing style and minimum fret buzz
same with esp

ibanez are awsome for soloing and technical stuff, xiphos in my opinion are the best out of the ibanez range
tbh alot of these posts promoting dean are from people with usernames which are Dean Models, or names which are Dimebag Darrell...a little bit biased, but yeah, i spose you could get a cool dean, preferably not a razorback unless all you wanna be seen as for the rest of your life is a dimebag wannabee and before anyone says different....your wrong, that is EXACTLY what you look like
dean... just got one and love the way it feels...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
i was lookin at bc rich too but i played one of those and hated it.. and has anyone heard anythign about a brand called halo? they look good but looks arent everything has anyone played one?
washburn put more effort in, are better quality, are rarer, and are generally better value for money.

dean are more metal, AND ARE JUST F**KING COOL

but if you actually care about your guitar besides the looks, then i'd say your best bet would be ibanez up to a certain price range. If you're willing to spend ****loads, then ESP and jackson's custom shops will cook you up a nice treat
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Some kind of EXPLORER might be good if your guitar slides off your knee easily, but try them in the shop first, because I have one, and its comfy as hell on my right arm (which apparently is odd) but none of my friends can play it.
i just bought a washburn 333 dimeslime and its insane but the problem with dean or washburn with the ml shape is that wen u play it ull mainly play pantera
i also play a razorback and it was gd but i hated it and its too ****ing expensive so instead of that i bought a washburn and a crybaby from hell and it snds amazin
Quote by ross mcmahon
i just bought a washburn 333 dimeslime and its insane but the problem with dean or washburn with the ml shape is that wen u play it ull mainly play pantera
i also play a razorback and it was gd but i hated it and its too ****ing expensive so instead of that i bought a washburn and a crybaby from hell and it snds amazin

Nice necro bump
Quote by TenInchClock

esp/ltd vs Washburn
-or-
jackson vs Washburn
-or-
Jackson vs esp/lts vs Washburn

Fixed. Washburn makes loads of good guitars for metal.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Ibanez, ESP, Shecter, or maybe Jackson. Look for an old Explorer to.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
dean if you're buying cheap, washburn if you want a quality instrument for a higher price
It's all about feel
Quote by nutarist
i was lookin at bc rich too but i played one of those and hated it.. and has anyone heard anythign about a brand called halo? they look good but looks arent everything has anyone played one?

Halos are kool but overpriced being they're custom made, but they're great if u want an extreme bodied custom guitar (carvin makes better customs for the buck but they dont have extreme bodies) or if u like kahlers but then u can always get a bc rich KFK guitar (ik u dont like em) or an esp Jeff hannamen signature series that has kahler too
Eh.
Quote by MattCbassist
tbh alot of these posts promoting dean are from people with usernames which are Dean Models, or names which are Dimebag Darrell...a little bit biased, but yeah, i spose you could get a cool dean, preferably not a razorback unless all you wanna be seen as for the rest of your life is a dimebag wannabee and before anyone says different....your wrong, that is EXACTLY what you look like

I will agree with your most of your statement... most. Being endorsed by Dean I'm exceptionally biased on the OP's question, however I play a Razorback and I do NOT look like/feel like/intend to be a Dime wannabe. The only thing wrong with playing a Razorback is the image and mentality you have on it, not the player in question. Do you look at a person playing a Rhodes V as a Randy wannabe, or somebody playing an Urge Bass as being a Stu Hamm impersonator? No, because it's the mentality you have on the subject matter.

I chose my Razorback based on the feeling of it, not because it was endorsed by Dime. I loved the neck it had and I loved how well the body balanced out. I've had good luck with the Dimebucker in the bridge and the LFR is top notch by any standards. The only point of your post was to start flaming or trolling and I feel discouraged to say I wasted my 1000th post on this...
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
^ you do realize TS asked this question in 2008, right?

For all we know he is dead.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
"Deleted" Didn't notice this was started in 08, this thread should die.
Last edited by DimeLvR at Mar 12, 2010,
Quote by TenInchClock

esp/ltd vs dean
-or-
jackson vs dean
-or-
Jackson vs esp/lts vs dean

why not washburn.. the x50 series is great for metal
deans are way over priced.washburn are good but imo none of the ones iv played had that 'wow factor'. look into ibanez or DBZ
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
im going to say Dean

i think they make great guitars

idk why evry on here hates them

i know alot of people in RL who play and love these guitars

i dont have any experience with Washburn
I would go with A dean. ive had bad experinces with washburns..
For your sake I hope heaven & hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Guitar & skateboarding. Do what you want.
I would say Dean a couple of years ago but now........... its kinda sad there fall from grace
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ