im looking at buying a new amp head and im thinking of a marshall vintage modern
i have a gibson les paul standard faded and play a lot of blues and rock songs and hendrix style songs. i also have a fender stratocaster and a esp explorer.
what head is the best for me?
whats your favorite head and why
tell me about your experiences with certain amp heads
If I could have any Marshall ever made it would be that one, sounds perfect for you.
Good luck
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
meh, the vintage modern was ok when i tried it, not great unless you can really crank it (which i could not for very long) and it was made for more hard rock than blues rock

check out the classic 30 head, i have the combo and it's great for blues rock (you'd need a fuzz for hendrixy stuff)

maybe even check out the Palomino V32H or the Crate V Series V33H (though i have no idea what your budget is)

if you have your heart set on a marshall head, go check out ceritones 's jtm 45 or bluesbreaker head (the only difference being the bluesbreaker has tremelo), they make awsome marshall clones, the JTMs were pretty much made for blues rock
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Apr 23, 2008,