I'm trying to get a more cutting, sharper lead tone from the palomino v32 I have (a very good example of the sound I want is Jimmy Page's lead overdrive live tones when he's soloing or playing lead parts)

and also, it wouldn't hurt to be able to get Jimmy Page's mellow blues lead tones, like from songs such as "you shook me"

Do you guys think a digitech bad monkey would be good for this?

I can probably get the tones from the amp, maybe if I tweak the settings around a bit, but why not get a pedal that could help to?

The guitar I'm using is a schecter c1 plus (with stock pickups, I'm thinking of getting them replaced)

So what do you guys think?
page's tone is really really sharp, i'd try an EQ really, you can get the level boost to OD your amp, and have a mid hump to simulate a tubescreamer, or boost the treble for a Page tone, or boost bass for warm cleans or *shudder* scoop the mids for metal if you must

EDIT: phase switch helps too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by ilikeguitar90
I'm trying to get a more cutting, sharper lead tone from the palomino v32 I have (a very good example of the sound I want is Jimmy Page's lead overdrive live tones when he's soloing or playing lead parts)

and also, it wouldn't hurt to be able to get Jimmy Page's mellow blues lead tones, like from songs such as "you shook me"

Do you guys think a digitech bad monkey would be good for this?

I can probably get the tones from the amp, maybe if I tweak the settings around a bit, but why not get a pedal that could help to?

The guitar I'm using is a schecter c1 plus (with stock pickups, I'm thinking of getting them replaced)

So what do you guys think?

"You Shook Me" is a MKII Tonebender. Trying to get that sound from the amp yet alone a Bad Monkey is going to be difficult.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Apr 23, 2008,