Hello all. I recently purchased some new strings for my Squier Strat. The strings are Dunlop Zakk Wylde Customs .60 - .10 and, last night, I was putting them on, and something happened.

Well, I noticed on my A string, any notes past the 12th fret had a lot of buzzing. Then, as I put on my B and high E, both strings snapped. Luckily, I had backups, and before putting them on, I loosed the truss rod. The strings havent snapped, but I noticed that every note past the 11th fret produces the same sound as the 22nd fret.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Quote by CrazyDavey
I like my women how I like my wine, 12 years old and locked in my basement.

Quote by rg_metal
Some old lady asked me if my electric guitar was a bass. It clearly has Six strings.

you changed gauge and need to adjust your guitar.

balance your bridge then measure ur neck relief by fretting the first and last fret (where the neck meets the body) on the Low E.

with both places held, look at the middle frets and see if the string lays on the fretwire there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you probably need to loosen (or tighten) the springs in the back to compensate for the strings' pull