Hey i have a cort evl k-4 and an ibanez 10 watt( thats what i want to change) now when i play in the dist. channel all the notes go fcked up. i cant hear any note properly just a stpid WOOOO sound. guess you understood what i meant. i exactly want to hear all the notes i play. when in clean channel i can here every note when playing multiple strings etc. i want the dist. channel to be like that so what should i do? buy a new amp but what? i play metal and i play at home so dont want something too big... dont want to spend more than 200 dollar for amp
I'd say either a Roland Cube of some sort (30 maybe? Or the Microcube is good too, I'm not sure about the 15 and 20, I think they're worse but I'm not sure) or a Vox Valvetronix (Make sure it's not a XL, they're worse than the normal ones). Other amps you could look at are Randall solid states, although I'm not sure if they go for that cheap.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
They could be good amps in general but can i get good dist. out of it? can i hear the notes properly? and also i heard that rolands have a chip inside for the effects and it is fcking digital is that true? and the thing i ask is a normal thing or when in dist. mode is it normal for the notes to go inside each other letting me hear only a WOOOO sound? it its normal how can pro. players get good sound.?
^ i guarantee your ibanez amp is "fcking digital" too
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by blind.quardian
how can pro. players get good sound.?

Multiple k tube amplifiers.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
If you want note clarity, maybe you should think about going tube.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
I have one of those ibanez amps and i can get a "decent" tone out of it.

put the middle on full, bass on half and treble at half way (add more to suit your taste)
This is with gain on full. Its not really a good tone but its the best i can get out of it.

Also, put your ear right next to the amp. Thats how it would sound if you recorded it with a mic, and it improves the clarity alot. Unfortunately with this amp it also makews it sound like a box of bees.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
So i can never get a NORMAL distortion sound with a NORMAL amp? all i can hear is thousand bees fcking each other...
by normal I assume you mean solid state. You can get a good clear distortion from solid state amps, just not from the cheap starter amps.

my Peavey Bandit 112 has got to be one of the best solid state combos i've played in its price range, and it's got a good amount of clarity, not as much as my Chute, but great for the price.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Hmm as i said i dont have much money to spend at max roland cube 20x... so... i tried an ibanez amp 15 watt and it was also same with my 10 watt ibanez... if i buy a roland cube 20x would i make a big upgrade?
my bad, didn't see the 200 dollar limit.

As far as the cube being worth it, it depends. It will be somewhat of an improvement, but it really comes down to how good of a tone you want in the long run, and how long you can take playing your current amp. If you plan on eventually upgrading to an even better amp in the future, maybe saving up is a better idea than buying the cube.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Ok. but i cant buy a tube amp cos you have to open the volume up a lot and i play at home so i cant play loud. just want a proper distortion tone where i can understand what note i play thats all ...
depends what your definition of loud is. My tube amps still sound great at a moderate volume, (by moderate I mean I can still sing while playing without a mic) they just sound better cranked.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
well the budget makes tube pretty much a no no anyway...
so yeah, uve got the roland cube series to look at (the 20x btw is the worst of the lot, the microcube beats it) and the voxADVT range, check out these amps.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
microcube doesnt even have an eq how can it beat 20x? vox s are a bit over budget so??? just want a normal amp...
the microcube has a tone knob, the models on it are superior to the 20x's. Im sorry i dont quite know what u mean by 'normal amp' there are solid state amps and tube amps.

Tube is the way amps were originally made and are the better sounding, but of course are more expensive, solid states utilize mordern technology for cheaper build etc.

Of the SS amps the best all round are arguably the cube series and the vox ADVT series.
these amps utilize a modelling system for switching between different types of sound, nothing 'un-normal' about them it just means they are more versatile and they also sound better than the simple solid states that u find in beginner packs etc...

sorry for the long post. hope i help at all
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
when i meant normal i meant i want clarity in distortion you know what i meant. i dont want the sound to go buzzy is it ok with rolands? and btw whats the difference between 20x and 30x only effects?? and also is it true that rolands are too digital and they work with a chip??? 20x seems good to me in price so should i really buy 30x or microcube? i dont think i want clean amp models just for distortion i can play clean without effects i think
You need to spend some time in a guitar store, TS, without anyone trying to sell you anything. Use your ears, and ignore most of the stuff the sales people tell you. Find what sounds good to your ears, and consider going used.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
You need to spend some time in a guitar store, TS, without anyone trying to sell you anything. Use your ears, and ignore most of the stuff the sales people tell you. Find what sounds good to your ears, and consider going used.

+1
TBH TS without mean to sound like a dick I don't think you know enough about amps yet to make an informed decision about buying one that suits you, go into a music store and try out everything in your budget and really listen to the sound each one makes, try to take a friend that knows a fair bit about amps if u can cus the salesmen will try to persuade you with flashy effects and other crap you neither want or need, happy hunting!
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
I live in Turkey so there is no guitar center and prices are more than usual maybe i have to buy a practice tube amp to get what i need and support it with a metal muff or something.. how would that be?? as i said before i have a cort evl k-4 and i want a good dist. tone as well as good cleans so is it what should i do? what cheap tube amp which would be better than a roland cube 30x can you recommend? or should i just buy a cube 30x?? OMG fck i forgot i had to open the volume up for tube amp which i cant do at home so here i go again with SS amp.
Last edited by blind.quardian at Apr 24, 2008,