Well I was messing around with my Triple Rec but I'm finding it hard to get the right time and place to be able to really mess with the amp and eq. Obviously at practise isn't really the best time and above like 4 at home and it sounds way too loud. Any suggestions?
Isolation headphones are an INCREDIBLE idea
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by ollievk
Well I was messing around with my Triple Rec but I'm finding it hard to get the right time and place to be able to really mess with the amp and eq. Obviously at practise isn't really the best time and above like 4 at home and it sounds way too loud. Any suggestions?

usually one takes headroom into consideration when buying an amp
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
well just find a nice quiet time at home when no one is around. if that's not possible, i would think that after or before practice would be the best time to get that kind of stuff sorted out wouldn't it?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
get a power attenuator... THD hotplates are great....pricey but you can crank your amp at lower volumes.....so its worth it

Edit: beat me to it^
Quote by gurg06
get a power attenuator... THD hotplates are great....pricey but you can crank your amp at lower volumes.....so its worth it

Edit: beat me to it^

haha! but ya i forgot about THD so kudos to you, ya a sound investment
Try using the "slave out" jack to run the Triple Rec into a separate power amp. You'll need to keep a load box (like a Hot Plate set to load) hooked up to your Recto's speaker output. Let the power amp drive the cab. Basically turns your Triple Rec into a very powerful pre-amp. You can crank the master volume on the Recto up as far as you like, & use the power amp to regulate actual volume. I use this setup with my amp, & it's INSANE. Beautiful power tube distortion tone at any volume, without the tone loss from using the attenuator the usual way.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by mr_hankey
I do it by not buying a 150w amp.

Always taking the EASY way !
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by mr_hankey

I personally go so far as to buy 5 watts
rather than playing it loud so that people come in and screw at you play it louder so they wont come anywhere near- personally i stand in another room to my amp and will do untill i get an attenuator. If ££s a problem you can make a Dr.Z Air Brake copy for less than $100. Follow the link - it tells you all the product numbers for www.mouser.com apart from the capacitor which i found one to be "75-mkt1822410405" and the jack plugs which i found suitable ones - "502-215j" just put all these in the search bar and itll come up.

http://download.yousendit.com/55C9165E49AA75E

- i plan to make this as soon as i have the time
best signature ever
^ well can u name a 5w amp that sounds as good as a recto?
best signature ever
Quote by colin617
My ears bleed. Disgusting as hell, but I have teh t0nez.

i hope to god that was sarcastic....
Quote by colin617
My ears bleed. Disgusting as hell, but I have teh t0nez.

Siggied.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by fleh
^ well can u name a 5w amp that sounds as good as a recto?

Cornford carrera, harlequin
Laney lionheart
Quote by saltysnail
Cornford carrera, harlequin
Laney lionheart

they are nice amps but VERY differnt to a triple rec.
best signature ever
Quote by mr_hankey

+1

I don't go higher than 50 tube watts. and even then, it's still too loud to get dirt at lowish levels.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
My room breaks (up) before my 50w Bassman does. I can crank my 5w Champ without bruising my eardrums.

And I can name many amps with less than a tenth of the wattage of a triple recto, but with much better tone.
I don't bother equing my amp till I am at practice. If your fellow band mates can't give you a little time to eq crank it up and blow em out of the water.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by mr_hankey
My room breaks (up) before my 50w Bassman does. I can crank my 5w Champ without bruising my eardrums.

And I can name many amps with less than a tenth of the wattage of a triple recto, but with much better tone.

But do they have Teh Br00talz like a triple Rec?

If there is such an amp, it's an instant buy.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by The red Strat.
i hope to god that was sarcastic....

Of course.

Quote by stratman_13.
siggied

Aww. My first sig. I feel like I should make a speech or something.
Hmmmm how about an egnator tourmaster its 4th channel is pretty brotal and can change to as low as 10 or get a good pedal like a mesa boogie bootal rocket.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by mr_hankey

+1
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
turn it down? It shold sound decent at lower volumes
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Quote by darkarbiter7
+1

I don't go higher than 50 tube watts. and even then, it's still too loud to get dirt at lowish levels.

50 watts isn't that much quieter than a 150 watt triple rec through the same speakers. I don't really care about lowish levels either cause I play in a band not everyone cares about low levels
Everyone should buy 5 watt amps and play nothing but blues because anything else is not tr00 t0nez.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Everyone should buy 5 watt amps and play nothing but blues because anything else is not tr00 t0nez.

Doesn't everyone already know that? People that use 150 watt amps have tiny penises.
Quote by Say Ocean
Doesn't everyone already know that? People that use 150 watt amps have tiny penises.

Sigged.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I use small practice amps, solid state. You don't need your huge gig tone when you are practicing. If your ears burn while you practice you're doing it wrong.