My band is playing our first real gig at a local festival soon, and we are relitivaly new (3 months old). We have 6 covers in our arsenal and they are damn decent sounding (3 months of practicing the same songs 2wice a week ). I was wondering, because we are a new band,
Would it be better to open and close our sets with a cover tune to attract peoples attention and stick our originals in the middle so people can get some substance, than after several gigs be able to open with originals? or Open and Close with originals so that people can see that we have the ablity to write and put together our own material?
Maybe open with a cover people will recognise to get them going, but I think that its a good idea to finish with your best original song, because people will remember the last song, especially if it has a good ending. That said, opening with an original which has a good introduction could also work equally well.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
i have to say that i am not into covers. i took charge of my band and i try to stray away from them. if you are new and you dont have enough of your own material to make a set then go for some covers. but with covers you will never live up to the expectations, you wont get credit for the song even if you play it good, and its not as much fun. but try to open with something fast, high energy, fun, and just fast. it gets you in the music mood, it gets the nerves clear, and it pumps up the crowd. if your gunna do covers, do them well
start with the best cover, and end with the best original, works everytime..
the middle doesn't really matter, just make sure the covers are stuck between the originals instead of originals between the covers
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
Quote by Funkicker
start with the best cover, and end with the best original, works everytime..
the middle doesn't really matter, just make sure the covers are stuck between the originals instead of originals between the covers

^^This
And maybe we can fly away from here, surf on the debris of a broken scene...