Hey, i need to make a soundtrack for the book 1984 by george orwell. i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of songs that i should use, if you do please give me the name, and maybe a reason why

-Thanx
City of Delusion/Citizen Erased/Assassin - Muse
2+2=5 by Radiohead.
Secrets by Bloc Party
Sing by Dresden Dolls
Normal Days by Denali
1984/The Press Corpse - Anti-Flag

Look at the lyrics and it'll be obvious, unless you're an idiot.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Apr 23, 2008,
About half of Radiohead's OK Computer should do it for you.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Also Where Is My Mind? by the Pixies, because that song is about going insane. And the way the lyrics contrast naivety with disillusionment is quite clever. I'll leave you to work that out.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by LedZeppelin392
thank you, it is also like with the matrix if you have good ones for that

The Matrix already has a soundtrack. Use this to your advantage..?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Farewell to Arms - Machine Head, definitely use that to close the soundtrack, eerie and depressing, about the continuous war.

In a House in a Heartbeat - John Murphy, the main piece of music is 28 Days Later, it's such a beautiful and scary song, it would work well.

I'm not sure about others, maybe some atmospheric doom metal, that's always good.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
OMG im so lucky there is a thread... so.. can you guys post more songs please this is helping alot since im doing a project just like this.
This Devil's Workday - Modest Mouse
You Can Run, But We'll Find You - Matchbook Romance (maybe a little heavy-handed)
Own Little World - Switchback
Twenty Years - Placebo

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Letting You by NIN
Martin Atchet by Modern Life is War
Quote by Td_Nights
I went as Darth Vadar to a school dance before.

Sure I got kicked out, but the DJ played the Imperial March and I just felt badass.
Just use the album 1984 by Van Halen, even though it has nothing to do with the book. And if this is for school, it'll be a little awkward when your teacher hears "Hot for Teacher."
Selkies: the endless obsession by Between the Buried and me

something very bittersweet about that song that i think would fit.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon