My amp work's, my brand new lead works my guitar however...doesn't.
I haven't played my electric guitar in about a month, i've needed a new lead and was in no rush to buy one as I had an acoustic.
I've just bought my new lead, I know it works as i'm playing the radio through my amp.
So both my amp and my lead work, when I plug my guitar in, nothing.
Zip, diddlysquat.
I've tried making sure that the connections around the jack are okay and they are, everything there seems in order, I don't want to **** with anything else without at least having a vague idea what i'm doing, i can't however afford a guitar tech -.-
What do I do?
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Why would you NOT scour the news for stories about incestual anal piping?
check if the chord is plugge din at the end of your guitar... I pull that off all the time.
Yeah I check all that, I made sure to look for the stupid stuff before posting lol
Quote by Flying Couch
What do you think lesbians do in bed? Play cards? They have ways of sexytime just like everybody else.

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
plug your guitar into a tuner or something, see if that works
also make sure your volume is on, i've done that before then realised it was cuz my volume was off on the guitar
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
was the connection ever a bit loose and you kept plugging it in anyway?
if so you may have broken a wire inside, thats what i done..
luckily for reasons unknown to be i have a soldering iron and a tube of solder so i just re-soldered it..
i've just realized this is of no help to anyone.. shutting up.
are they active pickups in your guitar like emgs? if so try putting a new battery in them.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
^Yeah, the volume knob will sometimes be the problem. Another thing I can think of is- does your guitar have active pickups? And have you left it plugged in?
Pick ups don't need batterys, volume has been turned up down left right and sideways, i've checked the wires at the socket end and it appears fine (it is still connected, no break) but it might still be knackered, I can't find my electric tuner so I can't do that.
Quote by Flying Couch

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
you did plug the lead into the INPUT jack on your amp, not another one, like footswitch or something (i do that all the time)
Gear:

Fender Highway One Strat
Ibanez RG321MH
Cort SFX-1
Peavey Valveking 112
Marshall MG30DFX
Morley Power Wah
Mapex VX 22 (drum kit)
Mahalo flying V ukulele
My amp only has input and output, the output is on the back of the amp, I did use the right one lol
I know the lead and amp work...it's something with my guitar but I have no idea what, I have tried all pickups all volume levels, everything I can think of.
Quote by Flying Couch

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Tye1989
My amp only has input and output, the output is on the back of the amp, I did use the right one lol
I know the lead and amp work...it's something with my guitar but I have no idea what, I have tried all pickups all volume levels, everything I can think of.

something probably came loose and needs to be re-soldered or something
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
How can i find out what?
Quote by Flying Couch

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Tye1989
How can i find out what?

take off the pickguard and back plate, and you should be able to see al the wires in your guitar, just check to see if any of htem arn't connected.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
No obvious breaks, everything looks like it is in working order...
Quote by Flying Couch

W
Quote by Deliriumbassist