ok so i know very little about scalloped fretboards, so could someone explain exactly the purpose of them, and any tonal features the neck modification provides.

cheers
GEAR:

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi Les Paul (modded with EMG 81/85, various other things)
Boss Looper
Member of UG's Hatecrew!
Google, searchbar...take your pick.
Quote by kyrreca
You could get $1000 custom made pickups hand wired with Eric Johnsons pubic hair, and they'd still sound pretty bad through a ****ty solid state practice amp.

Quote by Geetar_Axel
Really? I thought Frontmans where highly respected around here?!
i believe it's scalloped frets... but im not sure cus i know next to nothing about it too
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

the wood between the frets is curved inward between each fret, instead of flat. It makes it easier to do vibrato, and probably some other things, but vibrato is the only one i know.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
basically, they change the way you play. you need to have a very light touch so that the string doesnt bend to much.

means you use less pressure, so can play faster. can also bend differently.

thats all i know really
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Malmsteen and Richie Blackmore of Deep Purple use them. The wood between the actual fret wire is filed down to leave shallow 'U's. They supposedly make vibrato easy as you only have to push down on the fretboard, but they're a bastard to use because you have to apply the right amount of pressure, as not to make the note sharp or flat. A mate of mine did it to a strat neck and it was a nightmare to play chords on. So they are an acquired taste as they are hard to get used to.
Epi Les Paul Standard plus
w/ Seymour Duncan Sh-2n in neck and SH-4 in bridge
Vox Valvetronix
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
oh ok. and fyi im positive its the fretboard to lexaah
GEAR:

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi Les Paul (modded with EMG 81/85, various other things)
Boss Looper
Member of UG's Hatecrew!
They make it so you dont have to push as hard when you play, so you can go faster. They also have more sustain and are easier to perform vibratos on...
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
If you're thinking of do it, don't. You need to know exactly what you're doing first.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.