Can I buy a fender bassman cabinet and plug it in my fender bassman combo amp? would the volume become any louder? PLEACE HELP ME!
Well you'd have more sound coming out because of having more speakers but you'd be sending less power to each speaker causing it to distort at higher levels. Would it be louder....maybe a little...I thought the bassman combo was pretty loud?
why didnt you just get the bass man head and cab?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Yes, it would be louder, but only if you have the 250 model. If you just have the 150, there's not really any point to it. The 250 combo is the same thing as the 250 head/cab, FYI.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Apr 23, 2008,
Everybody, PLEACE stop.

The Bassman 250/150/allofthem50 run at 4 ohms/max power. All the Bassman combos have 4 ohm cabinets.

Adding another cabinet would result in damage to the amp. It will not work. You got that?

The only way to add more cabinets to a Bassman combo would be to unplug the speaker that came in the combo and get 2 8-ohm cabs from somewhere else. That doesn't make much sense.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Everybody, PLEACE stop.

The Bassman 250/150/allofthem50 run at 4 ohms/max power. All the Bassman combos have 4 ohm cabinets.

Adding another cabinet would result in damage to the amp. It will not work. You got that?

The only way to add more cabinets to a Bassman combo would be to unplug the speaker that came in the combo and get 2 8-ohm cabs from somewhere else. That doesn't make much sense.

absolutely correct Fitz! this is from Fender.com's spec sheet.

"-Speaker Out (4 Ohm min, full power internal, unplug internal cable for use with external cabinet)"

good work man! to the TS, you could unplug the internal speaker and plug into a
larger 4ohm cab, such as a 1x15, or a 4x10 cab. you would probably feel louder, although, depending on what Bassman combo model you have. it might not be worth the trouble.
Yeah, and besides, it'll look kinda goofy with an extra cab NOT using the original one. I used to own one of those combos.

FWIW, it DOES come in head form.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..