What are movies that some people say "Oh that movie is perfect!" and other's say "oh wow that was a pile of crap!" but you just say "Well that was fair at best!"

Like for instance, I know people who love Saving Private Ryan and others who loathe it. I thought it was just alright for being a WWII movie.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Holy crap how many sub-catagories are we gonna go into with these threads?
Quote by 12Jim34
Holy crap how many sub-catagories are we gonna go into with these threads?

i'd like to say my "movies you love but everyone else hates" thread was a RIVAL...twas on par with its counterpart

this is shat
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
I like toy story...
Party
Pants
In
My
Come
Wanna
You?

Quote by M.B.MetalTabber
clothes, you don't want as much detail as emptybullet gave you now, do you?
People Hate Steven Seagal, i think hes a legend

Steven Seagal+ John Smiths + Generic Takeaway = GOODTIMES!!
Juno. It was really boring for me, I didn't care. I've never watched all of the Lord of the Rings or Star Wars movies also because of my indifference.
Quote by pwninator123
i'd like to say my "movies you love but everyone else hates" thread was a RIVAL...twas on par with its counterpart

this is shat

'twas but a joke my friend.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
Quote by str84ever
Reservoir Dogs is mediocre at best.

DIE!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
DIE!

This but with a bigger font, deeper red and no less than two additional exclamation points.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by freddaahh
DIE!

Well when i was watching it i expected it to be like one of the best films ever as its so hyped up.

Turns it out it was overhyped, was entertaining for a watch but a bit predictabe.
No Country For Old Men
all good til the ending...
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by str84ever
Well when i was watching it i expected it to be like one of the best films ever as its so hyped up.

Turns it out it was overhyped, was entertaining for a watch but a bit predictabe.

DIE!

DIE!

I know what you mean, though. If you hadn't such overly high expectations, I think you'd much prefer it. I loved it though, it was funny, Madsen was almost scary, the violence was brilliant, the characters were all interesting and I hated most of them and I loved the story. It was really interesting how you didn't see the robbery at all.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by heavenbesideyou
No Country For Old Men
all good til the ending...

+1
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
Quote by str84ever
Reservoir Dogs is mediocre at best.

+1

i found it boring at parts. but there were good parts as well. not amazing like i always heard.
Johnny Depp's Acting
Across The Universe
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
juno
seriously...just too much hype and the characters were annoying :6
'cept for that nerd dude
Pirates of the Carribean series.

It's not that I hate them, but they're mediocre at best, IMO.

I always hear people talk about how they're the greatest movies ever, and that they are Johnny Depp's best movies, and all of this, but from the two I've seen, they aren't as great as people make them out to be.

There's FAR (FAR) too many plot lines, the characters aren't overly interesting, it seems too exxagerated at times (I know they're family films, for the most part, but still, treat us like we some sense), there's never really a moment when I felt the characters were in any real trouble, making it a predictable experience, and the humor gets old over time.

I can stand to watch them, if I have to, but I can't watch them alone. They simply aren't good enough.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
A Nightmare Before Christmas and every other movie connected to Tim Burton.

yes. every Burton film ive seen has been pretty disappointing. at least not as good as the hype around them. i havent seen Sweeny Todd yet, but that actually looks good.