I'm in a playing slump.....WHat should I do.....?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
keep on playing. whenever I'm in a slump I try and pick a song I really like and learn it.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Keep playing!!

Pick a song that influences you or a song that got you into playing the guitar and learn it.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Try learning a new technique, like sweep picking or fingerpicking. It's a great way to get back into the swing of things.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
eruption....pfft ya right The best couple songs I can play are:

Fly Away- Lenny Kravitz (Flawlessly)
Same Old SOng and Dance-Aerosmith
Walk this way-aerosmith
A Long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll- AC/DC

I'd say I'm pretty beginnerish...how bout you? Say whatever you got to it won't bother me much

Edit: I can already fingerpick pretty decently
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Last edited by Polystant at Apr 23, 2008,
Hah, honestly, I'm not a nut for complex songs If you don't think you're that good you might want to try alternate/hybrid picking which both REALLY improve your consistency. It might not be your sort of music but if you listen to Settle For Nothing by Rage Against The Machine it has a good solo to practise alternate picking with, as it's a moderate speed and it's clean which forces you to play it more smoothly.

I wouldn't say I have a "best" song, and to be fair I don't play songs enough, I spend more time messing about with improvising and theory. But if I had to give a favourite I'd probably go for Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley.

EDIT: You might want to try a country or rockabilly style fingerpicking where you use your thumb to do a walking bass line while you play the rhythm with your fingers. It's a bit harder than something like Blackbird by The Beatles but it's uber satisfying when you nail something.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Quote by roythereaper
Hah, honestly, I'm not a nut for complex songs If you don't think you're that good you might want to try alternate/hybrid picking which both REALLY improve your consistency. It might not be your sort of music but if you listen to Settle For Nothing by Rage Against The Machine it has a good solo to practise alternate picking with, as it's a moderate speed and it's clean which forces you to play it more smoothly.

I wouldn't say I have a "best" song, and to be fair I don't play songs enough, I spend more time messing about with improvising and theory. But if I had to give a favourite I'd probably go for Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley.

EDIT: You might want to try a country or rockabilly style fingerpicking where you use your thumb to do a walking bass line while you play the rhythm with your fingers. It's a bit harder than something like Blackbird by The Beatles but it's uber satisfying when you nail something.

Actually I may try that edited part....I'm not really into metal...I love classic rock.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
I'm not huge on metal... unlike when I picked my username >.>

If you listen to guitarists like Brian Setzer when he does his solo work you can get a pretty good idea of how you can use your thumb for the bass lines. I might be wrong but I believe Alvin Lee did this too.
Call me Callum