Hey guys, has anyone had any experience with new Randall Kirk Hammet sig series amp? I know it's probably not well stocked yet but it seems like a few of you always get the opportunity to play newer things before us commoners haha.

It's this one

I don't particularly like Kirk but this seems like a pretty good amp, from a very renowned company. That and I would probably never have to upgrade if I stated gigging on any sort of big level. Idk just something I saw and I didn't think this was too expenisve as most tube half stacks are about $100-$200 USD more, if not even more still!

Currently I'm thinking about getting a Peavey VK 50w this summer, but if this is a better amp I suppose I could keep saving up. Plus I think my dad is going to help me with it (idk how much he'll chip in) so I'd say I'm pretty close even without too much savings.

Idk, I just don't want to get something only to have to upgrade a few years later because it isn't big enough/is craping out on me/etc.
solidstate?

looks like a money maker based on name rather than a quality amp..i could be wrong..who knows what kinda solid state magic randall did.

i can tell you 100% that cab will be crap though
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Take a RX120 half stack.

Add a Kirk Hammett signature on it.

Inflate the price.

Install a wah that doesn't turn off.

Voila!

KH120RHS
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Its basically a repackaged RH100... Save the extra cash and just buy one of those and take it to the next show and have him sign.. And you saved yourself a couple hundred bucks..
Once again, there is nothign wrong with solid state. Metallica's tone is hard to define. None of you have played this amp. If Randall can get more of a Kirk Hammet tone from SS then Tube, then good for them!

Looks like an alright amp. Seems a bit much for what you get, but seems okay
Quote by nedthehead
Once again, there is nothign wrong with solid state. Metallica's tone is hard to define. None of you have played this amp. If Randall can get more of a Kirk Hammet tone from SS then Tube, then good for them!

Looks like an alright amp. Seems a bit much for what you get, but seems okay

They sell a tube version as well. The issue is everything but the tube version is just marketing. Much like Kerry Kings Marshall line. They nail the tone on the 2 grand tube amps and people fall into the trap thinking that buying the cheaper models they will still get the artist's tone but do not. Its just a normal amp with his name stamped on them.
Good rule of thumb, 90% of the time signature stuff is marketing fluff, and not worth the extra money. Besides, why would you want to play somebody else's stuff? really...
I actually played the little combo.

Bleh. Better than some other comparable amps (which are other 10-15 watt solidstate combos) , but nothing good. The halfstack is essentially crap too, as I would imagine.

^Actually, I had the chance to plug into Buddy Guy's signature Chicago Blues Box amp.
It was miles out of my budget, but it was an incredible amp. It was better than my roadhouse CBB by a fair amount. But, my Roadhouse was 1/3 the price. Oh well.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
HeY!1! gUyS!1!1! WaNnA sH*T aLl OvEr SoLiD sTaTe AmPs?!?!?!?!?!?!111???!!?!//!!one!!eleven

But seriously, for metal I don't think that SS is all too bad- it can achive some pretty heavy distortion- just look at Pantera.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100